Foros de discusión

Global mobile device rules

Will Henry, modificado hace 10 años.

Global mobile device rules

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 11/07/12 Mensajes recientes
I can fairly easily set mobile device rules at the site level. But, is there a way to set global mobile device rules that affect every single page in every site in my portal instance?
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Global mobile device rules

Expert Mensajes: 310 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/12 Mensajes recientes
You can define device groups (called device families in upcoming 6.2) in global scope.
Then you can then use them in any site to configure what actions should be taken when given device group/family matches the actual device.
There is currently no way (not without writing custom plugins) to configure a global (one for all page sets in all sites) action to take place on rule match. This is currently only available on page set level, which means you'll have to configure it for both public and private pages in all sites.

Can you please explain your use case? I'm quite curious in what scenarios such configuration would make sense.
Will Henry, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 11/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Well, the portal I am working on will ultimately have hundreds to thousands of sites. The way I am approaching mobiling the portal is by creating mobile views of all the portlets that we use in a MVC sort of fashion. That way, when I redirect the theme to my mobile theme and the layout to 1 column, all looks good on just about any mobile OS. So as we are creating the new sites, it feels like a bit of a pain in the ass to configure mobile device rules for hundreds of sites. I haven't seen a way to create mobile device rules at the site template level, so I was wondering if there was a way to set mobile device rules for every page in the portal. Since I want the mobile theme to be applied to every single page, configure once apply everywhere feels much better than configure everywhere over and over again.

By the way, I've been following your blogs on mobiling Liferay and you've done a great job improving it with WURFL. Since you created this plugin, you'd know the answer to my other question better than any. Is what the documentation claims possible?
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, modificado hace 10 años.

Expert Mensajes: 310 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Will Henry:
I haven't seen a way to create mobile device rules at the site template level

That is actually reported bug: LPS-35066
If you are EE customer you can contact support to request a patch.
Otherwise you'll need to upgrade to 6.2 when it is released. It's still broken in master (LPS-38042) but I hope we'll fix it soon.