Foros de discusión

Next release?

justin van didden, modificado hace 15 años.

Next release?

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi ,

Can someone please advise when the next release of SO is due out and is there a target release date for a stable version?

I have been evaluating Social Office - as an alternative to Clearspace - but have noticed quite few bugs etc.. I understand that this is only beta release but I assume there is another version out soon?

The main issues and bugs I have found so far are:

1) BLOG function throws "Could not save draft to the server" error and user can't publish...

2) Search window on blog and wiki pages floats over text area when creating new blog or wiki entry

3) performance issues Instant Messenger - might be related db?

4) not able to configure SO as windows service - eg; to keep the app running on a server and auto start when the servier is restarted etc...

Thanks,

Justin
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Next release?

Expert Mensajes: 373 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Hi Justin,

We're furiously working on the next beta, which we're projecting for middle of this month. This will be another beta, and we'll be asking for select beta testers to help us get to a final version for release.

In the meantime, there are some things you can do:

• Build and deploy from source. You can find our SVN tree at:

svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public

Edited: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk

• Report issues on our JIRA:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/SOS

Be sure to browse existing issues to make sure the issue in question hasn't already been fixed.
fastbob fastbob, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 221 Fecha de incorporación: 16/05/05 Mensajes recientes
Perhaps I'm missing something, but looking at the repository svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public I only see the Standard Edition source - nothing for Social Office.
thumbnail

fastbob fastbob:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but looking at the repository svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public I only see the Standard Edition source - nothing for Social Office.

Sorry, try:

svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk
Ramesh Kumar, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Bryan Cheung:
svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk

Guys,

How can I connect to svn? Do I need any privilege? Do I need a seperate username/password to access it?

I tried to connect to the url mentioned above from Netbeans without username/password and also with my community username/password. But I was not able to connect and getting "Can't connect to svn.liferay.com: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

Please help me to sort it out.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
try http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk. Works even from the browser (at least for the latest version)
Ramesh Kumar, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Olaf Kock:
http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk

Thanks Olaf Kock.
Eric Klopfer, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 17/04/08 Mensajes recientes
I've been awaiting the next release, but it still seems like it is some time in coming. Is there any update on a timeline?

In the mean time, I tried to checkout the latest version from SVN. I'm not sure if I am doing this incorrectly, but I wound up downloading the latest (5.2.3) Liferay portal with tomcat 6 from sourceforge. Then I did a checkout of the so-portlet and so-theme plugins from SVN and configured the properties file to point to my binary download of Liferay portal.

The theme compiles and copies its .war just fine, but when I build the so-portlet I get the following error after some successful compilation...

merge:
[javac] Compiling 12 source files to /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/classes
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/invitemembers/portlet/InviteMembersPortlet.java:29: package com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc does not exist
[javac] import com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/invitemembers/portlet/InviteMembersPortlet.java:44: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol: class MVCPortlet
.......more similar errors with MVCPortlet.......
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/service/persistence/ProjectsEntryPersistenceImpl.java:407: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getOrderByFields()
[javac] location: class com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.OrderByComparator
[javac] String[] orderByFields = obc.getOrderByFields();
[javac]
...more similar errors with portal.kernel.util.OrderByComparator....

it seems to be missing some packages. Do I need to have the full portal source? If so, do I just need the source or do I need to deploy to one compiled from source? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Also, is SO just a matter of the so-theme and so-portlet being deployed in Liferay? Or are there additional files and configurations?

Thanks for the help.

Follow up to my own post. Even though the so-theme seemed to compile and install ok. it doesn't actually appear as an option in the themes plugins in the Liferay (5.2.3) portal. I see the files in the tomcat/webapps folder, but they don't appear as an option in my plugins installer. So, it looks like I need some additional help there.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Jamie L Sammons, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 33 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Eric,

Social Office in SVN is like a jigsaw puzzle.

Eric Klopfer:

merge:
[javac] Compiling 12 source files to /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/classes
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/invitemembers/portlet/InviteMembersPortlet.java:29: package com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc does not exist
[javac] import com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet;
[javac] ^
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/invitemembers/portlet/InviteMembersPortlet.java:44: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol: class MVCPortlet
.......more similar errors with MVCPortlet.......
[javac] /home/user/liferay-so/trunk/portlets/so-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/so/service/persistence/ProjectsEntryPersistenceImpl.java:407: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : method getOrderByFields()
[javac] location: class com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.OrderByComparator
[javac] String[] orderByFields = obc.getOrderByFields();
[javac]
...more similar errors with portal.kernel.util.OrderByComparator....

it seems to be missing some packages. Do I need to have the full portal source? If so, do I just need the source or do I need to deploy to one compiled from source? Or am I doing something else wrong?

The above build error is due to a change that went in after 5.2.3 was released. See: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-3444?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

You will have to build Liferay Portal manually. I have been using the latest branch: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/branches/5.2.x

Eric Klopfer:

Also, is SO just a matter of the so-theme and so-portlet being deployed in Liferay? Or are there additional files and configurations?

SO is made up of several components: so-portlet, so-theme, chat-portlet, contacts-portlet and tms-portlet. All located in different parts of the repository.

Here are the steps that I use to build SO.

Check out the latest plugins branch: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/branches/5.2.x to <pluginsdir> on the local system.

Check out the contacts-portlet: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/incubation/portlets/contacts-portlet to <pluginsdir>/portlets/contacts-portlet on the local system.

Check out the tms-portlet: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/incubation/portlets/tms-portlet to <pluginsdir>/portlets/tms-portlet on the local system.

Check out the so-portlet: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/so-portlet <pluginsdir>/portlets/so-portlet on the local system

Check out the so-theme: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/plugins/trunk/portlets/so-portlet <pluginsdir>/themes/so-theme on the local system

Since so-portlet and so-theme are in the plugins trunk, they target the portal trunk 5.3.0 which is why they won't run correctly on 5.2.x. I'm assuming Liferay will be shipping SO Beta 2 around the portal 5.2.x branch since that is what it runs properly on.

To get so-portlet to run properly, modify the following file: <pluginsdir>/portlets/so-portlet//docroot/WEB-INF/liferay-hook.xml and change the following line:

<!DOCTYPE hook PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Hook 5.3.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-hook_5_3_0.dtd">

to:

<!DOCTYPE hook PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Hook 5.2.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-hook_5_2_0.dtd">

To get so-themes to deploy properly, modify the following file: <pluginsdir>/themes/so-theme/docroot/WEB-INF/liferay-look-and-feel.xml and change the following line:

<version>5.3.0+</version>

to

<version>5.2.3+</version>

Then to build SO go into the following locations and run: ant clean deploy

<pluginsdir>/portlets/chat-portlet
<pluginsdir>/portlets/contacts-portlet
<pluginsdir>/portlets/tms-portlet
<pluginsdir>/portlets/so-portlet
<pluginsdir>/themes/so-theme

That should be it.

Wow. Thanks for the detailed instructions. This should be in the wiki somewhere I think.

I'm close but not quite there yet. First I followed the simplest set of building liferay instructions I could find. Here
http://wikis.sun.com/display/websynergy/Building+Liferay+on+Tomcat

I seemed to get Liferay starting just fine that way. Then I wiped it clean and started again. I followed your instructions with one modification -I modified the build.properties file at the root of the portlets svn directory to point to my tomcat install.

Everything seemed to build just fine. All successes, no errors (just a few warnings).

After a few minutes SO came to life. I signed in just fine, and then came up the page to ask about a secret for a password reminder. Right after that I got a Null Pointer Exception and going anywhere else seemed to cause the same NPE.

I looked in the catalina logs and found the following exception when tomcat was starting up and trying to deploy

21:19:30,351 ERROR [HotDeployUtil:111] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering hook for so-portlet
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering hook for so-portlet
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.BaseHotDeployListener.throwHotDeployException(BaseHotDeployListener.java:58)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:104)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._doFireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:108)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil._fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:153)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.fireDeployEvent(HotDeployUtil.java:43)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.portalInit(PortletContextListener.java:113)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.PortalInitableUtil.init(PortalInitableUtil.java:48)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener.contextInitialized(PortletContextListener.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4342)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:889)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1217)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1337)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.so.hook.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:72)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.InvokerSimpleAction.run(InvokerSimpleAction.java:52)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.initEvent(HookHotDeployListener.java:589)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.initEvents(HookHotDeployListener.java:650)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.doInvokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:244)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:101)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.so.hook.listeners.LayoutSetListener.onAfterCreate(LayoutSetListener.java:78)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.listeners.LayoutSetListener.onAfterCreate(LayoutSetListener.java:56)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.InvokerModelListener.onAfterCreate(InvokerModelListener.java:70)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.update(LayoutSetPersistenceImpl.java:276)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.addLayoutSet(LayoutSetLocalServiceImpl.java:84)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy70.addUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.addUser(UserLocalServiceUtil.java:149)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.events.StartupAction.setupUsers(StartupAction.java:332)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:93)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:69)
        ... 27 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutTypePortletImpl.setLayoutTemplateId(LayoutTypePortletImpl.java:200)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.listeners.LayoutSetListener.addLayout(LayoutSetListener.java:187)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.listeners.LayoutSetListener.addUserLayouts(LayoutSetListener.java:149)
        at com.liferay.so.hook.listeners.LayoutSetListener.onAfterCreate(LayoutSetListener.java:74)
        ... 77 more

When hitting any page it seemed to then throw this NPE

21:19:54,209 WARN  [PortalImpl:3054] Current URL /web/guest/home/ generates exception: null
21:19:54,722 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1153] Reloading repositories
21:20:14,915 ERROR [MainServlet:821] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:98)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.process(EventsProcessorImpl.java:79)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorUtil.process(EventsProcessorUtil.java:64)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:801)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:282)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:91)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:193)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:148)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:94)
        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.so.hook.events.ServicePreAction.run(ServicePreAction.java:54)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.InvokerAction.run(InvokerAction.java:52)
        at com.liferay.portal.events.EventsProcessorImpl.processEvent(EventsProcessorImpl.java:92)
        ... 43 more

The start up page was so rewarding. I'm almost there. Any suggestions how to surmount these errors? Did I configure something incorrectly or miss something?

Additional Note - I realized the one set of Warnings I got may be relevant:

build-db:
     [java] Loading file:/home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/portal-impl/classes/system.properties
     [java] Loading file:/home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/portal-impl/classes/portal.properties
     [java] Loading file:/home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/portal-impl/classes/com/liferay/portal/tools/dependencies/portal-tools.properties
     [java] Loading file:/home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/portal-impl/classes/captcha.properties
     [java] 02:29:16,124 INFO  [PortalImpl:258] Portal lib directory /home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/util-java/classes/
     [java] 02:29:38,700 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Address className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,700 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name EmailAddress className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,701 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Group_ className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,702 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name MBDiscussion className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,703 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Phone className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,703 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name RatingsEntry className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,703 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name RatingsStats className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,704 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Role_ className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,704 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name ShoppingCart couponIds couponCodes varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,704 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name ShoppingOrder couponIds couponCodes varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,705 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Subscription className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,705 WARN  [DerbyUtil:121] This statement is not supported by Derby: -- alter_column_name Website className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,774 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Address className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,775 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name EmailAddress className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,775 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Group_ className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,775 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name MBDiscussion className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,776 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Phone className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,776 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name RatingsEntry className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,777 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name RatingsStats className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,777 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Role_ className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,777 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name ShoppingCart couponIds couponCodes varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,778 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name ShoppingOrder couponIds couponCodes varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,778 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Subscription className classNameId varchar(75) null;
     [java] 02:29:38,779 WARN  [IngresUtil:114] This statement is not supported by Ingres: -- alter_column_name Website className classNameId varchar(75) null;
   [delete] Deleting: /home/user/liferay-svn/trunk/sql/velocity.log
thumbnail

I have a wiki started internally. I thought about copying it to the Liferay site once I get the kinks worked out.

I don't recognize the first two errors. I get the third one with the warnings and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

A couple things you could try:

1.) If you haven't flushed your database lately I would give that a try.

2.) Does base Liferay Portal function properly before you add any additional plugins?

I tried a few things and finally got it working. It seems I need to build Liferay, start it up, log in, log out, shut it down, then build and deploy the so portlets/themes. Then it seems to work just fine.

SO is really nice, but I now see it isn't quite there yet. Contacts/Chat/Friends/Tasks all are incomplete (as one my expect from an SVN build).

That won't stop me from trying it out for a while. Thanks again for the help.
thumbnail
Tarun S. Kayasth, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 162 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/07 Mensajes recientes
What do you mean by flushing the database? Do you mean drop it and recreate it?
thumbnail

Yeah that is correct. Drop it and recreate it. Then you need to start Liferay Portal with so-theme deployed but not so-portlet. Once the database is created then go ahead and deploy so-portlet.
thumbnail

Hi Eric,

I ran into your other problem that you mentioned and have figured out what causes it. If the so-portlet is deployed before the so-theme then this problem will occur. So just be sure that so-theme is done first and then do so-portlet and then you shouldn't see this error happen.
Ravi K Mudigonda, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 13/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Any idea when is the next release due?

Also is there any location where I can find out what are the features included in the next release?

Our team was looking at using Liferay. We have recently did some consulting for our client using Liferay and Alfersco and I myself felt it was very useful and wanted to replace our sharepoint portal for our local intranet connecting our India and US offices. During this process we have evaluated both Standard and SO editions and I feel that SO is current release is still not there yet.

I'm not sure what features are included in the next release but I see the below are missing (unless I missed something) :

• 1 It is good to see multiple sites but I don;t want certain sites available to everyone. They should be available only to certain user groups.
  • 2 Folder permissions for documents - same as sites, not all folders should be accessible to everyone.
  • 3 Would like to create private folders which should be accessible only to the user.
  • 4 Blog entries should be restricted to certain users.
  • 5 Should be able to assign tasks to other members.
  • 6 Add Event in Calendar - every user should be able to do it.

This are some of the items which I came across. I can check with my team and see if they have anything else.

Let me know if there is anything we can help.

I think you guys did a great job!
thumbnail

Jamie—thanks for pointing out that detail about the deployment order b/t so-theme and so-portlet.

Ravi—next release is due out real soon, should be this month. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Ajax Dyn, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 29/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Liferay SO - what a fantastic product! Thanks a lot!

Still question answered on this thread: Is there a proper roadmap for next releases? And, when is the next stable release of SO?

Thanks!!!
thumbnail
Mickey Fox, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Ajax Dyn:
Liferay SO - what a fantastic product! Thanks a lot!

Still question answered on this thread: Is there a proper roadmap for next releases? And, when is the next stable release of SO?

Thanks!!!

Word is, there will be a subversion release for "early adopter" testing in the next several days. With respect to a "stable release" I would not expect any stable releases for a good bit as SO is still in development.

If I am wrong, please correct me: Bryan, Jonas,....
thumbnail

Hi Mickey, Alyx,

We are packaging the second beta this week but ran into some installer issues. We'll provide an update shortly.
Petteri Torssonen, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 21/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Are you still developing Social Office. Should I rather use L6 with so-portlet?