Foros de discusión

View CSS changes without rebuild and restart server

Dan Mitchell, modificado hace 10 años.

View CSS changes without rebuild and restart server

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 16/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I am completely new to Eclipse and Liferay and after a moan on Twitter about how long it takes me to see quick CSS changes in the browser, I was advised to visit this forum. At present I have to rebuild the project by running the ant script and then restart the server, all this takes around 4 minutes which is very time consuming when I need to see CSS changes quickly.

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks

Dan
thumbnail
Atin Agarwal, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: View CSS changes without rebuild and restart server

Junior Member Mensajes: 86 Fecha de incorporación: 20/02/12 Mensajes recientes
This can be achieved using IDE like Eclipse OR Liferay Developer Studio

Configure your server in Eclipse & follow the below steps -

Open the servers view. (Navigate to Window -> Show view -> Servers)

From this view open your server configuration(double click on the name of the server) that will show a page with your server name, runtime environment, etc.

In that page there will be a collapsible panel titled 'publishing' that let's you configure when to publish or disable the automatic publishing.

In this section select "Automatically publish when resource change" & set the publishing interval to 1 sec. This will publish your changes as soon as you save them.

Just save your changes and refresh the browser window you will see your changes within no time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Atin Agarwal
thumbnail
Patrick Renovato Bahia, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: View CSS changes without rebuild and restart server

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 3/04/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dan,
Para resolver esse problema e dar agiidade ao processo de desenvolvimento, eu utilizo um plugin do eclipse chamado FileSync http://andrei.gmxhome.de/eclipse/ basicamente sincroniza pastas do workspace com o servidor! Com isso você consegue ver as alterações feitas em CSS, VM, JSP em tempo real