Foros de discusión

New subcategory proposal - "Portal functionality"

thumbnail
Artur Linhart, modificado hace 16 años.

New subcategory proposal - "Portal functionality"

Expert Mensajes: 459 Fecha de incorporación: 13/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

it seems to me the structure of the subforums misses one important subcategory - something related to the "Portal functionality" - here can be discussed the questions to the general functionality of the portlets in the portal, management of the portal, common structure of the portal entities from the user point of view etc. I think there is no good subcategory for it, unless I take the "general" subforum, but this can be specified in a pretty better way - I think the "common" subforum is "too common" for such questions.
All the subcategories defined today are related to the technical stuff and there is nothing if I want to ask "how do I specify the premissions for ..." or something like this...

I would appreciate this subcategory very much.

with regards, Archie
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: New subcategory proposal -

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi Artur,

That's a good idea. I've just created it. I hope you don't mind I renamed it as "Using Liferay"
thumbnail

Hi, Jorge,

I think, "Using Liferay" is a great name ;-)

with best regards, Artur
thumbnail

Hello Jorge,

wouldn't it be good/possible to show this new subcategory also in the first page as a subcategory of the Liferay category? There are most of the ld categories, but the new one are not visible there...

with regards

Archie
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi Artur,

It just shows the first 5 subcategories, so there is little control over it. But I would expect all english speaking visitors to get in that category, wouldn't you?
thumbnail

OK, hopefully yes :-)

But I can imagine it would be a good extension of the messageboard portlet if I could specify by every subcategory if it has to be shown in the above category or not... ;-)

with best regards, Artur