Foros de discusión

Missing methods in Service SOAP services

thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 10 años.

Missing methods in Service SOAP services

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Is anyone else frustrated by the missing methods from most of the <Object>ServiceUtil APis when you start to code a Web Client? hyarent they markedin the docs in some way to say these arent exposed even though this is why we have a ServiceUtil .

I am trying to develop a pretty comprehensive data migration tool to load data from an existing IIS /SQL server web site to convert structured content, users, images documents, comments and general web content and keep finding I cannot do what I want to and many times it may be possible but in odd manner (like retrieving all items and iterating through them. I have what are now very tight deadlines.
I am using CE GA2, but does anyone know if GA3 improves this and if we can somehow use the portlet-client.jar from that with GA2?
Does the LcePatchers release add any services ?

In particular issues are now:
1) unable to import comments that related to web content as there is no way to get the thread Id associated with a JournalArticle (MBDIscussionLocalServiceUtil exists but no ServiceUtil at all.) the MBDiscussion table is where the detail is found.

2) Unable to set the FileEntryTypeId for an image or document uploadedusing DLApp.addFileEntry() - not sure why fileEntryId isnt part of the signature but then thought oh well I will just updateFileEntry() with the details like the user interface doea. - NO such method available.

Dave
(Sorry for the venting but had to see if others are hitting same frustration and what they do to get around things).
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Missing methods in Service SOAP services

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Quick update on this in case anyone else is trying to do the same thing.

Item 2: FileEntryTypeId can be passed in the Service Context :

ServiceContext sc = info.getServiceContext();
		sc.setAddGroupPermissions(true);
		sc.setWorkflowAction(1);
		sc.setUserId(userId);
		sc.setScopeGroupId(groupId);
		HashMap scAtts= new HashMap<object, object>();
		scAtts.put("fileEntryTypeId", fileEntryTypeId);
		sc.setAttributes(scAtts);
</object,>

Still flumuxed on how to get the threadId for a JournalArticle, a thread is created automatically but no web service is available to get it.

I can actually create a new thread and post the messages I am migrating into it but so far cannot find out how to get the one that will be displayed wit the web content.

So perhaps an alternative question is how to change the thread that is displayed by the liferay-ui:discussion taglib