Foros de discusión

Reg:navigation link

Resma sr, modificado hace 10 años.

Reg:navigation link

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 10/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

In my page I have a layout having two columns. In one column I am using a navigation portlet . My need is, when I click the links in navigation, it should load the contents in the right side. This contents are in another page which is kept hidden. Please anybody help me.
Anna Nagy, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Reg:navigation link

Anna Nagy:
Hi Resma,

So what you observe is that, when you change a page layout to (70/30) 2 Column the child pages didn't change as well. So when you click on a link in the Navigation portlet you have a page with (30/70) 2 Column layout. Is this correct?

Have you tried to check the "Copy parent" checkbox when you create a new page in Manage Page? Which version of Liferay are you using? Could you please explain how do you mean "This contents are in another page which is kept hidden."?

The best would be a step-by-step of this issue reproduction and screenshots.

Best,
Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply. But my problem is I have placed a navigation portlet at the left end with links of pages having content, and the pages are kept hidden. My need is when I click the link the content should be loaded and shown at right side.

Please reply...

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your reply. Iam using liferay 6.1.1.This is the layout of my page having two columns. In left side of the column Iam using a navigation portlet. On clicking the links in navigation portlet, corresponding pages should be displayed in the right side column. At the same time, navigation portlet should be there in the left side of the page. For example on clicking ‘About xxx’in the navigation portlet, the content of it should display in the right side column and on clicking ‘a’ in the navigation portlet, the content of ‘a’ should be displayed in the right side column.

Archivos adjuntos:

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your reply...
I want hidden pages link in my navigation portlet. On clicking the link of a hidden page link ,the content of that page should be displayed in the right side.How can i do it?
Thanks for your consideration in advance

pawan chauhan, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 75 Fecha de incorporación: 8/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Resma,

I think what you are looking for is simple portlet to portlet communication.

have a look at this,

https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portlet+to+Portlet+Communication

Regards,
Pawan Chauhan.

Hi Pawan,
Thanks for your reply.
thumbnail
Janne Hietala, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 97 Fecha de incorporación: 16/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Resma,

If I understood your requirement correctly, there should be simple way to do this.

Just create pages a, b and c. Put 30%/70% layout to every page and also navigation portlet to left side. Add web content to your other column and it should work. It does reload page every time, but this is the simple way to do this. More complex requires use of IPC as it was suggested above.

You can simplify your page creation, that you'd first create a page template and just reuse it in your other pages.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Janne Hietala
Bradley Wood, modificado hace 10 años.