Foros de discusión

Liferay 6.2 Released!

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay 6.2 Released!

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
On Friday Liferay released the next version of its flagship software: Liferay Portal 6.2 CE! [ Download ] [ Quick Start ]

The Liferay product and engineering teams, in close concert with our awesome community, have spent many months getting the 6.2 release ready, and it is finally here. "A great platform with polished features to make it easier than ever for you to create web experiences that engage your audience." Sounds great, right? Start your download, and continue reading for the gory details...
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Liferay 6.2 Released!

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

For a not bundled deployment (as in my case, on WebSphere App Server) can you tell me if is there a related marketplace portlet plugin?
(it's the current 6.1.1.2 marketplace plugin compatible with LR 6.2?)

Thanks!
Denis
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Denis Signoretto:
Hi James,

For a not bundled deployment (as in my case, on WebSphere App Server) can you tell me if is there a related marketplace portlet plugin?

Thanks!
Denis

Hey Denis,

We're working on it now, should be there in the next couple of days! Sorry for leaving this one out of the Friday (2am EDT emoticon ) release.. Thanks for the ping!
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 10 años.

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

thank you too, for your reply and the big effort about this exiting new release !!!

Denis
thumbnail
Denis Kipchakbaev, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 18/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Hello!
When will Liferay 6.2 EE be availible?
thumbnail

Denis Kipchakbaev:
Hello!
When will Liferay 6.2 EE be availible?

Hey Denis, I'm hopeful it will be available by the end of this month! But it's not something I can guarantee, it's just based on past performance.
thumbnail
Denis Kipchakbaev, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 18/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi James.
Thank you for response.
New Liferay looks great!
thumbnail
Lucas Huber, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 11/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I'm new to Liferay and I asking my self whether I or we should start with version 6.1 or 6.2. So far I did install both versions for testing.
The decision depends more or less how long it will take that some of the Addons from the Marketplace are updated to version 6.2.
Could somebody maybe tell me how the experience in according to this is from earlier new releases?
As I did see there are same mayor improvements to the marketplace and to the way how addons can be developed in version 6.2.
So I assume that addons for v6.1 are not so easily be upgradeable to v6.2. I asking this because we intend to develop our own Addons for using Lifreay in a community/NGO environment. And if not absolutely necessary our addons should be for actual release.

Thank you for any hints.

Lucas
thumbnail

Lucas Huber:
Hi,
I'm new to Liferay and I asking my self whether I or we should start with version 6.1 or 6.2. So far I did install both versions for testing.
The decision depends more or less how long it will take that some of the Addons from the Marketplace are updated to version 6.2.
Could somebody maybe tell me how the experience in according to this is from earlier new releases?
As I did see there are same mayor improvements to the marketplace and to the way how addons can be developed in version 6.2.
So I assume that addons for v6.1 are not so easily be upgradeable to v6.2. I asking this because we intend to develop our own Addons for using Lifreay in a community/NGO environment. And if not absolutely necessary our addons should be for actual release.

Thank you for any hints.

Lucas

Hey Lucas,

Most of the addons that Liferay produces have been updated for 6.2. There are a few stragglers that have not yet been updated, but I'd guess 95% of them are. So which addons were you referring to?

The answer to many of your questions is, "It depends" emoticon What date are you targeting to "go live"? What kinds of plugins do you intend to develop, and what will be their major features and functional requirements?

From what you've said so far, I'd say start with 6.2, because you're probably 3-6 months out at a minimum for your project, and if you can avoid upgrade headaches by starting w/6.2? Upgrading plugins isn't a massive undertaking, as Liferay hasn't changed *that* much from 6.1 to 6.2. 6.2 to 7.0 will most likely be a different story emoticon
thumbnail
Lucas Huber, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 11/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi James

Thanks for your quick reply. I see in my purchased folder of version 6.2 six bundled Apps from liferay but none of the third party purchased App is compatible yet.
'Nicht kompatibel' means not compatible. Nevertheless I think we will focus on version v6.2 because, as you mentioned we will need a few month to go on a productive site. What about the Social Office App when it will be ready. Because this one is important for us.
We intend to establish a Non Profit Organization with SaaS Liferay Services for other NPO's. Mainly housing cooperatives and organizations out of the sharing economy.
Our Apps will add basic ERP/CRM features to Liferay CE. Also we intend in a later stage to fork a community currency App to Liferay.

Copy from Liferay purchased Apps folder:
Social Office CE Liferay, Inc.
Nicht kompatibel

Emeldi Commerce®... Emeldi Ltd.
Nicht kompatibel

Mercado
CIGNEX Datamatics Nicht kompatibel

Newsletter - man... Bartłomiej Knabel
Nicht kompatibel

Books Library 3F Consulting
Nicht kompatibel
siddhant jain, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 69 Fecha de incorporación: 19/03/13 Mensajes recientes
HI all,
where can i get the link to download 6.2 EE GA2 version???
as on portal I get links to download 6.2 EE SP2.

thanks
Siddhant
thumbnail

Denis Signoretto:
Hi James,

thank you too, for your reply and the big effort about this exiting new release !!!

Denis

Hey Denis, I learned of LPS-39277 the other day, which I believe should resolve your issue - the Marketplace portlet is actually embedded within Liferay core now (inside portal-impl.jar) (please read the bug for description/justification and comment there if you wish) and should automatically be deployed on all app servers for you.
uhsarp ringo, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 10/04/12 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:
Denis Signoretto:
Hi James,

Thanks!
Denis

Hey Denis,

We're working on it now, should be there in the next couple of days! Sorry for leaving this one out of the Friday (2am EDT emoticon ) release.. Thanks for the ping!

Is the 6.2 version of the marketplace-portlet out yet? My 6.2 instance is unusable as every portlet I try to deploy throws the "Queueing your-portlet for deploy because
it is missing marketplace-portlet"
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi usharp,

marketplace portlet should automatically autodeploy.

Did you log in at least once into portal?
uhsarp ringo, modificado hace 10 años.

Issues deploying a Spring portlet for Liferay 6.1 GA2 EE on Weblogic 10.3.5

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 10/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Juan

I have indeed logged in multiple times but I keep getting the same error no matter which custom portlet I try to deploy.

I'm behind proxy on a Weblogic 12c running 6.2. How do I go about configuring the proxy if that's what is causing the issue?

What I don't understand is why it's saying that I need to have the optional marketplace-portlet installed? The private portlets I have nothing to do with the marketplace-portlet...