Foros de discusión

Can you please add Uyghur language to Pootle?

thumbnail
Omar Yimaier, modificado hace 10 años.

Can you please add Uyghur language to Pootle?

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 16/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys,
I am a senior Liferay developer of a Liferay service partner company in US. I speak Uyghur language, which is fifth popular language in China. There are about 10 million people speak Uyghur language in China.
Microsoft Windows 8 and Office has Official Uyghur language UI support which is great. So I want to add Uyghur language support to Liferay, can you please add Uyghur (language code: ug_CN) to language list in Pootle?
Thank you.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Can you please add Uyghur language to Pootle?

Regular Member Mensajes: 143 Fecha de incorporación: 14/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Omar,

I'd like to thank you for your initiative. I am Daniel and I'm in charge of the technical part of Liferay translations. Currently, liferay does not support Uyghur language. To add a new language, we need a minimum set of translations to start with.

So, you can start by downloading the latest CE sources (https://www.liferay.com/es/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases) and locate the file Language.properties. This file contains all translatable strings in the portal.

After that, you can start to build the Uyghur language file: Language_ug_CN.properties For this purpose you can either translate directly from Language.properties values, or browse through a running portal and see the messages in context.

A few things to take into account:
* Please don't include English values in Language_am.properties. Liferay will take care and use the English texts in case some key is not present in that file.
* Make sure that Language_ ug_CN.properties is UTF-8 encoded.

Once you have a basic version (~100 - 200 translated keys), please send it to me (daniel.sanz @ liferay.com) and I'll talk to Product Management in order to incorporate that language to the product.

Best regards,
Daniel.