Foros de discusión

reg:Time zone

Resma sr, modificado hace 10 años.

reg:Time zone

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 10/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

In my portlet I want the modified date and time in view page. The date is correct but time is not correct. How can I fix it.

Anybody please help...
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: reg:Time zone

Expert Mensajes: 463 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Resma,

I guess the problem is that the times are in not the correct timezone. Liferay stores the time in the server's timezone (most of the time it's set to GMT) and you would need to convert the time to a different timezone. The timezone might affect the date as well so I recommend you to use the conversion on both.

Zsolt
Resma sr, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 10/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Zsolt Balogh:
Hi Resma,

I guess the problem is that the times are in not the correct timezone. Liferay stores the time in the server's timezone (most of the time it's set to GMT) and you would need to convert the time to a different timezone. The timezone might affect the date as well so I recommend you to use the conversion on both.

Zsolt

Hi Zsolt Balogh,

Thanks for your reply. But I changed the time zone in display settings in control panel and also tried changing in the stenev.bat file, system.properties etc...But no changes found.
Please suggest me any other way I can achieve it.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
So by default Liferay starts up in GMT. It stores dates/times in GMT in the database.

When you are ready to format a date for display, you need to access the current user and pull their TZ value. This is assigned to your SimpleDateFormat guy to have it create the date/time string in the TZ for the user.