Foros de discusión

ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm

thumbnail
Samir Issa, modificado hace 10 años.

ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 1/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi ,

IN Liferay 6.1.2 GA3 CE

I´m trying implement ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm= with MD5 and SHA , in portal-ext.properties i put :

ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm=MD5
ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm=SHA

Is ti correct ?

And i got the following error :

[#|2014-01-03T15:55:25.490-0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|15:55:25,485 ERROR [http-thread-pool-443(2)][DigesterImpl:240] java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: MD5,SHA MessageDigest not available
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: MD5,SHA MessageDigest not available
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm

Expert Mensajes: 463 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Samir,

You should only choose one of the algorithms, using multiple is not supported in Liferay currently.

The reason for the error: when you add two properties lines in the same file, the easyconf library is not overriding but appending the configuration. The end result is a comma separated list which is not read by Liferay properly (as only one algorithm supported).

Zsolt
thumbnail
Samir Issa, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 1/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi ,

Thanks for the answer.

I tried only one configuration and another time the another one , but i got authenticatino erro with both !!

So , printed the password exported to LDAP and saw the password used to " bind " with LDAP has string " {MD5} " or "{ SHA} '' , it is wrong , the password should have
only string encrypted in ldap not the entire Digest .

So , i used the old configuration of Liferay 6.0.6 and it is work fine.

ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm =
ldap.auth.password.encryption.algorithm.types = MD5,SHA

I think that new export password Method to LDAP has a bug or the Authentication method should remove the String "{MD5} " or "{ SHA}" from the password before
authenticate.

thanks