Foros de discusión

deployment blacklist in liferay 6.2

thumbnail
Bartlomiej Knabel, modificado hace 10 años.

deployment blacklist in liferay 6.2

Junior Member Mensajes: 76 Fecha de incorporación: 30/01/11 Mensajes recientes
hi,

Why did You remove auto.deploy.blacklist.threshold parameter in Liferay 6.2?
Is there any way to disable blacklisting of .war files?

At this moment my war is blackisted after one deployment attempt - I'm sending file via local network, sometimes it takes 4-6 second to send .war file...

kind regards,
Bartlomiej
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: deployment blacklist in liferay 6.2

Liferay Master Mensajes: 722 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Instead directly moving war file to deploy folder, first move it to some other folder and after that keep war file in depliy folder from command prompt.

Regards
thumbnail
Bartlomiej Knabel, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 76 Fecha de incorporación: 30/01/11 Mensajes recientes
I' using this solution, but it is not comfortable...

I thought it was some better solution emoticon
thumbnail
Emil Öberg, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 19/04/11 Mensajes recientes
I did a quick source code search for 'blacklist' and 'threshold'.

In Liferay 6.1 some stuff relating to this could be found in /webapps/ROOT/html/portlet/plugin_installer/configuration.jspf, however, plugin_installer is all gone in 6.2 and I can't really find any other references.

Restarting a live server to purge the blacklist isn't really a viable option, we need to find a way to change this.
Traolly Xiong, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 195 Fecha de incorporación: 30/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Hello ,
Is there any way to prolong the deployment time so LR doesn't black list a plugin?

Thanks.

TRX
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14915 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
No.

In 6.2 it doesn't even allow for retries before blacklisting.

The original suggestion of network copy to some other folder then using local move command to put into deploy directory still stands.

Regular Member Mensajes: 195 Fecha de incorporación: 30/12/11 Mensajes recientes
Thanks David.

May be a good idea is to write a script that runs locally in which grabs the "war" file and puts it in the auto deploy directory?

That is ideal as doing it manually would be quite tedious depending on how many plugins and how many times a developer deploys to a DEV server.

TRX
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14915 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Yes, as long as the drop to the deploy folder happens across a local filesystem, you should be immune from blacklist issues. It's the darn network copy that gets you in trouble.

Good stuff. Thanks for the info.