Foros de discusión

Setting permissions to Communities

Indiver Nehru Dammalapati, modificado hace 14 años.

Setting permissions to Communities

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 25/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I worked on Both Liferay Portal and Liferay Social Office. I can set permissions to my community in Liferay Portal. Where in Liferay Social Office i'm not able to find any options to set permissions to my community. Does any one had any idea regarding permissions in Social Office.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Setting permissions to Communities

Expert Mensajes: 373 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/04 Mensajes recientes
We're hiding a lot of permissions in SO b/c we thought it would simplify the interface. However, we will see what user feedback we get and consider our options.
thumbnail
Floss atSistemas, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 3/07/09 Mensajes recientes
We are starting to use SO separating each project team in a community, so we need to set Project manager, Analysts, Developers and other roles in each community. Otherwise, we don't know how to limit document access to users depending on his community role.

We are considering to use Liferay Portal rather than Social Office to avoid this limitation.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado hace 14 años.

Expert Mensajes: 373 Fecha de incorporación: 27/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Yes, definitely consider Liferay Portal in the meantime. But if you can also define the business requirements around what you need to be able to do with respect to role definition, then let us know and we can use that to guide our development of Social Office.
thumbnail
alfredo scotto, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 6/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I have the same request.
On standard portal I normally assign view/download permission to community members and more to the other two standard community roles.
On SO members have also RW permission and it's not logic because there are no differences with the other two roles.
I designed portal during 2007 and I wrote a portlet doing this assignment without use the admin prortles. On standard business environment, who need R/W permission is the Editor and it know the content but it's not technical person. Assigning Administration privileges to them mean have troubles.

I hope you will add this simple permission schema.

Regards