Foros de discusión

No way to build V6.0.6 using Maven?

thumbnail
Carlos Adolfo Ortiz Quirós, modificado hace 10 años.

No way to build V6.0.6 using Maven?

Junior Member Mensajes: 40 Fecha de incorporación: 22/05/10 Mensajes recientes
Good Afternoon to everyone

Today I fired up the latest version of Liferay IDE, generated a maven plugin using Liferay IDE V2.0? That is, Liferay IDE V2.0. With it I created a theme plugin against V6.0.6, but it seems to happen that this version is not supported for themes in the Maven SDK.

So, why isn't there any support for Liferay V6.0.6 themes in the Maven SDK?
Anyway, I don't intend to use the Ant Plugin based SDK to generate my theme. That is why there exists the Maven SDK.

Does anybody know how to circumvent this?
Does anybody know when the Maven SDK is to support V6.0.6 Theme generation, or is it to be generated using the Plugins SDK?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: No way to build V6.0.6 using Maven?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Nope, it's not supported and it's not going to work.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Nope, it's not supported and it's not going to work.

Yes I know that, it is in fact a pity. But there exists sites that uses V6.0.6, I know there are two further versions , but what if for the moment this sites don't upgrade. It is tied to the past. A pity!
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
v6.0.x has been superseded by two major versions v6.1 and 6.2. The current Liferay Maven SDK support v6.1+.
thumbnail

Mika Koivisto:
v6.0.x has been superseded by two major versions v6.1 and 6.2. The current Liferay Maven SDK support v6.1+.

Yes I know that, it is in fact a pity. But there exists sites that uses V6.0.6, I know there are two further versions , but what if for the moment this sites don't upgrade. It is tied to the past. A pity!

I also know here, that there won't be support to V6.0.6. A pity but a good decision so far, I then know that I have to resort to Ant Building.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Eh, they've had a pretty significant build system using Ant that worked out just fine for the past 10 years.

That said, they realized the world had moved on and started working on Maven compatibility for 6.1. And thankfully they delivered on it and, going forward, we'll be able to leverage Maven if we want to.

Just because you may not know or like Ant doesn't make it an ineffective build tool. The ant-based SDK works just fine.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Eh, they've had a pretty significant build system using Ant that worked out just fine for the past 10 years.

That said, they realized the world had moved on and started working on Maven compatibility for 6.1. And thankfully they delivered on it and, going forward, we'll be able to leverage Maven if we want to.

Just because you may not know or like Ant doesn't make it an ineffective build tool. The ant-based SDK works just fine.

You are right. I don't like ANT build system a lot but that is the tool for the job to build 6.0.6 themes. What I was trying to get is a work around for Maven support but the official is set to V6.1+ which I like too much. I apologize if I got misunderstood, I should have been more concise in my claim. Thank you for your comments, very appreciated.

I like too much Maven build system. And the next step is Gradle, who knows. For now Liferay uses Ant, Maven build systems, the future dictates what next.

Thank you again, comments truly appreciated.