Foros de discusión

Support Matrix document for LR 6.2

thumbnail
Stefan Kaufmann, modificado hace 10 años.

Support Matrix document for LR 6.2

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 6/02/14 Mensajes recientes
For a new project with liferay i am trying to figure out the detailed software bill of material supported by liferay 6.2.

The high level tech-spec located here
https://www.liferay.com/de/products/liferay-portal/tech-specs
is not detailed enough, esp. in terms of version numbers and differentiation between supported and certified.

I was able to locate the respective detailed document for 6.1 here:
Support Matrix v6.1 : http://www.liferay.com/documents/14/21598941/Support+Matrix+v6.1.pdf/8a28d900-da4f-4dd9-9267-adc9c65f47a7?version=1.8

but was not successful to find one for 6.2.

Can some point out to me where to look for the crucial information?!

Thanks!
Stefan
thumbnail
José Manuel Navarro, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Support Matrix document for LR 6.2 (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 138 Fecha de incorporación: 24/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hey Stefan!

Support Matrix for 6.2 is available in Customer Portal at following address:

https://www.liferay.com/documents/3133562/31756267/Support+Matrix+v6.2.pdf (authentication needed)

Regards!

JM
thumbnail
Frank Pientka, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Support Matrix document for LR 6.2

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 12/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Do you know why not or when for others?
thumbnail
José Manuel Navarro, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 138 Fecha de incorporación: 24/01/14 Mensajes recientes
The "Support Matrix" document describes the environments where Liferay gives support (and we only give support for paying customers), so that's the reason it's only available for paying customers inside Customer Portal.

We're working on a similar document that describes the setups where Liferay version (CE or EE) is expected to work, no matter whether you we give support or not.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you an estimated time, but I update this thread as soon as it's ready.

Regards!

JM
thumbnail
Stefan Kaufmann, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 6/02/14 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the URL to that document.

Although i can understand the position where you are coming from, i would think such information is also valuable for potential customers who are still considering whether to use Liferay or not or are not sure whether to go with CE vs. EE.

From a non Liferay employee perspective it does not look that you give too much away when making such information available for future EE customers as well ;-)

Anyway, it is good to know, that the updated document is available!

Thanks for your support.
thumbnail
J. Manuel Navarro, modificado hace 10 años.

Stefan Kaufmann:
Although i can understand the position where you are coming from, i would think such information is also valuable for potential customers who are still considering whether to use Liferay or not or are not sure whether to go with CE vs. EE.

From a non Liferay employee perspective it does not look that you give too much away when making such information available for future EE customers as well ;-)

Absolutely! We're discussing internally this perspective and definitely we have to improve it somehow. Maybe we'll make public the Support Matrix while we write a new matrix for CE.

Thanks!
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1302 Fecha de incorporación: 24/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Good that Support matrix would be available for CE. It should be for public, we developers as well get enough chances to suggest customers based on their requirements.
thumbnail
David Truong, modificado hace 10 años.

Expert Mensajes: 322 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/05 Mensajes recientes
Hello everyone,

Here is a public link to the Support Matrix.

https://www.liferay.com/services/support/support-matrix

Thanks,
Dave
thumbnail
Liezl Ardo, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 29/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dave,

First of all, thanks for the copy of the support Matrix for 6.2, I've been looking forward to it as well. emoticon
But just a quick question. After reviewing the pdf, I got slightly confused in the "certified" and "supported" category parts. When it is stated as "certified", does it mean that is the more recommended and more appropriate to use for Liferay EE?

Thanks,
Liezl

David Truong:
Hello everyone,

Here is a public link to the Support Matrix.

https://www.liferay.com/services/support/support-matrix

Thanks,
Dave
thumbnail
Jason Roscoe, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 84 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I agree. What does "certified" mean versus "supported"?

thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Jason Roscoe:
I agree. What does "certified" mean versus "supported"?

Just what you think. Certified means they actually have a version in house that they test things against, supported is a little lighter which means that there's no expectation it won't work and probably some anecdotal evidence to say it does.

Do you have a specific app server/version you're curious about?