Foros de discusión

What happened to Display Pages in Liferay 6.2

Klaus Bachmaier, modificado hace 10 años.

What happened to Display Pages in Liferay 6.2

Regular Member Mensajes: 223 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/13 Mensajes recientes
I'm a little bit confused about web content display pages in Liferay 6.2. I know there is a page template available called "Content Display Page" when I create a new page. I also know that there is an option called "Display Page" in the edit view of web content articles. But when I first create a content display page, and then create a web content article I can't assign the display page under the "Display Page" options. When I click the "select" button to assign the display page for the article it always says "There is no selected page", but doesn't give me an option to select one.

Furthermore in the display settings section of the asset publisher the option "View in a Specific Portlet" under "Asset Link Behaviour" is gone. Also there is no section in the Liferay 6.2. online manuals about "Setting up Display Pages" as it was in the manuals for 6.1.

So are display pages supported in Liferay 6.2 or not?
thumbnail
sushil patidar, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: What happened to Display Pages in Liferay 6.2

Expert Mensajes: 467 Fecha de incorporación: 31/10/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Klaus,
To enable display page you have to put Asset publisher on that page and make "Set as the Default Asset Publisher for This Page " true in the asset publisher display settings. Have you done that ?

Regards
Justyna Gralinska, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 13/08/13 Mensajes recientes
I've got the same issue. Any luck in solving it? I do have an asset publisher assigned to some pages.
Klaus Bachmaier, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 223 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/13 Mensajes recientes
Looks like problem has got solved with 6.2 GA2
Antonio Galeano, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys,
i have an analogue problem. i'm using liferay 6.2 GA2 and if i add private pages to my site, this feature don't work anymore.
Instead if i don't include private pages, all works fine.

Any hint?

Regards
Antonio
Marco Lalla, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 19/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Antonio Galeano:
Hi guys,
i have an analogue problem. i'm using liferay 6.2 GA2 and if i add private pages to my site, this feature don't work anymore.
Instead if i don't include private pages, all works fine.

Any hint?

Regards
Antonio

I've the same problem on LR 6.2 GA2 and removing all private pages it's ok but only for the administrator (portal content reviewer doesn't work)
giovanni cortese, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 14/06/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Same problem,

display pages can be selected on a site with public pages only, if I have also private pages i cannot assign a display page to a web content.

Anybody knows a way out ?

giovanni
Otávio de Mello Castro, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 7/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Any solution?
Miroslav Bimbo, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 25/10/13 Mensajes recientes
I had the same problem... It is a bug, already fixed, but not in the LR 6.2GA1 version.
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44975

To fix it, you need just to create hook, overriding file
\html\portlet\journal\article\display_page.jsp
as described here:
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/commit/89bb56bb6daf3615024db2af7ee0798366706f07#diff-0
Justin Stanczak, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 6/12/13 Mensajes recientes
This worked perfect for me. Thanks.
Justyna Gralinska, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 13/08/13 Mensajes recientes
I've tried this with no luck.
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
This seems to work for public pages (fixes the java script error) but for private pages you have to do some adept user interactions.

1. Press the "Select" button which will open up the "page picker" in public pages
2. select Private pages and you will still see message about Public pages not being a display page ....
3. press "cancel" to exit the "page picker"bring you back to the display page section.
4. select "Select" again and will open up in private pages (I guess windowclicks has saved this setting) and you can pick a page

Amazing!

BTW would be nice to have ability to not have to do this, especially if you have a "default asset publisher for the page" where you click on an item in another small narrow column asset publisher would want items to appear in full text mode within the "default" asset publisher on that page.
Mohan Krishna, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 12/06/11 Mensajes recientes
Showing list of articles on one portlet and displaying full text on another portlet on the same page is very common use case. I couldnt figure out for so long and finally accomplished using this feature and the fix given really helped. Because the display pages not listing anything even if you follow all other steps. Thanks