Foros de discusión

Feature suggestions for Wiki portlet

thumbnail
Steve Van Domelen, modificado hace 14 años.

Feature suggestions for Wiki portlet

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 22/06/09 Mensajes recientes
I was playing with Liferay and I have a suggested enhancement to the Wiki portlet.

When you display the portlet, the first page is FrontPage. This is easily configured. However, if you add a child page, then the main page will add a section at the bottom of the main page called “Children Pages”. I think this should be optional as it is distracting to readers/users.

I suggest an added variable called “wiki.page.children.view” with a value of “true” or “false”. To leave current functionality, I would have “false” be the default value.

At line 208 of webapp/ROOT/html/wiki/view.jsp, code would be added to check for the value of this variable.

Not sure how to do it as I am unfamiliar with this programming.

Second, I suggest adding a “Children Pages” tab when editing a wiki. This would give the people who have the ability to modify the wiki the ability to see the children easily.

Third, I suggest adding “wiki.page.orphan.view” with a value of “true” or “false”. To leave current functionality, I would have “false” be the default value.

This would turn off/on the “Orphan Pages” tab in the wiki. I think this is only useful to authors and not visitors.

Then, enhance the application to only show “Orphan Pages” if the person viewing the wiki had author/update privileges.
thumbnail
Tarun S. Kayasth, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Feature suggestions for Wiki portlet

Regular Member Mensajes: 162 Fecha de incorporación: 8/06/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Steve,

Your Suggestions are Valid.

Just to update on Development side, if you want to do any such changes just limited to Jsp files you can use the "Hook" available in Plugin Environment to overwrite the existing jsp files(E.g. webapp/ROOT/html/wiki/view.jsp).

Thanks,

Tarun Kayasth
Imen CHABIR, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Tarun ,

Can you give more explanation for how to do that please , i'am newer in liferay and i need to hide acces for child page , attachement and how to rename list of page "front page"...
thanks in advance

Imen
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6396 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Assuming that the presence of child pages is not a secret, it might be easier to just add custom CSS to either the page or the theme and set display to none:

.child-pages {
  display: none;
}

optionally prefix it with the proper portlet's id.
Imen CHABIR, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Olaf ,
thanks for your response first.
how to rename orphan page for example !

thank you