Foros de discusión

New WYSIWYG editor file and image selectors availability in Liferay

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 10 años.

New WYSIWYG editor file and image selectors availability in Liferay

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Improvement of image and file selector it's really one of the most requested features by our users. In particular file attachment. Even when a user guess that link button should be used and he can upload a new file, most of times he can't insert it assigning the real file name because it's automatically inserted mantaining the same name of the link (like "/documents/10181/12023/<encoded-file-name>/dffde3fb-5d32-4726-9969-35efdc159d91").

I know Liferay it's working on it (https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-34403).
l'd like to know if it will be included in the next versions of Liferay and/or there is a forecast about issue resolution time.

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: New WYSIWYG editor file and image selectors availability in Liferay

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hey Denis,

It's in UX design right now. We hope to have it fully finished before the summer so that it is included in one of the first 7.0 milestones.

Once it's done for 7.0 I plan to evaluate whether it would be possible to create a marketplace plugin that makes the new file selector design (or part of it) available for 6.2. So far it seems it will be technically very challenging, but I'd really like to try.
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: New WYSIWYG editor file and image selectors availability in Liferay

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Jorge,

happy to hear this news and thanks for sharing with the community.
This kind of information it's really useful. It confirm (for us and our customers) the Liferay capability to be visionary and to evolve in a near future accourding with their needs.

Thanks for sharing and take in account for beta testing emoticon

Best regards,
Denis.