Foros de discusión

Upgrade 5.2.3 to 6.X EPIC FAIL

thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado hace 9 años.

Upgrade 5.2.3 to 6.X EPIC FAIL

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 22/10/13 Mensajes recientes
I'm encountering multiple problems in upgrading 5.2.3 to 6.anything. I've been following the directions that can be found here.... Namely some very specific edits to the portal-ext.properties as well as which portlets to remove, etc.

The upgrade seems to start fine with a couple of exceptions. These two messages occur early on in the upgrade process:

WARN [ModelHintsImpl:137] Cannot load META-INF/ext-model-hints.xml
WARN [ModelHintsImpl:137] Cannot load META-INF/portlet-model-hints.xml

Then I get this and the whole thing shuts itself down:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Could not load class org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
NOTE: I solved this by adding the sun-javadb-core package to Ubuntu.

Once the upgrade aborts, I have to drop the database and copy it again or it comes up with all kinds of Duplicate Entry errors and aborts again. This is VERY annoying behavior. The logs fill up with messages like the one below.

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry '10149' for key 'PRIMARY'

Now I get this:
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeAssetPublisher
ERROR [PortletPreferencesImpl:185] java.lang.NullPointerException

I don't have a solution for this one.

This repeats a lot and then the upgrade aborts again.
thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Upgrade 5.2.3 to 6.X

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 10/02/11 Mensajes recientes
You are upgrading to 6.0 or 6.1 or 6.2? EE or CE?

You have not mentioned anything about what you have in your portal-ext.properties, if anything is there.

Thanks
thumbnail

Version is 6.0.0 CE from 5.2.3 CE
Now attempting 6.0.1CE. Haven't had success before but trying again.

permissions.user.check.algorithm=5
include-and-override=portal-developer.properties
session.enable.url.with.session.id=false

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDatePars
ing=false
jdbc.default.username=USERNAME
jdbc.default.password=PASSWORD
image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.DatabaseHook
liferay.home=/opt/liferay-portal-6.0.0
resource.repositories.root=/opt/liferay-portal-6.0.0/data
jcr.initialize.on.startup=false
jcr.workspace.name=liferay
jcr.node.documentlibrary=documentlibrary
jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=/opt/liferay-portal-6.0.0/data/jackrabbit
jcr.jackrabbit.config.file.path=${jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root}/repository.xml
jcr.jackrabbit.repository.home=${jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root}/home
jcr.jackrabbit.credentials.password=none
jcr.jackrabbit.credentials.username=none
dl.hook.impl=com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook
dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=${resource.repositories.root}/document_library
thumbnail

6.0.1 is failing on Derby and nothing I've been able to do will resolve it. In doing some investigating, I found this page which talks about verifying your installation of JavaDB (aka Derby) and it's drivers, etc.

What I have found so far, is that the startup.sh sets the classpath to : /opt/liferay-portal-6.0.1/tomcat-6.0.26/bin/bootstrap.jar
This means that no matter what I install in my JAVA_HOME or my system's CLASSPATH, Liferay will never find it because it's hard-coded to go this boostrap.jar file :/

I'm going to try a symlink to the bootstrap.jar and see if I can change the CLASSPATH
thumbnail

Ok,

Symlinking all the Derby Jar files into my tomcat/lib directory got rid of the Derby error, but now it's barfing on jackrabbit.

INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary
ERROR [RepositoryImpl:496] Failed to initialize workspace 'default'
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening IndexReader: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening
IndexReader: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening IndexReader
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler(SearchMaanager.java:540)
thumbnail

Since 6.0.1 has errors I am unable to resolve, I am attempting 6.0.2. 6.0.2 has the same error that I am getting with 6.0.1

INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.UpgradeProcess_6_0_0
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeSchema
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeAsset
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeAssetPublisher
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeBlogs
INFO [Table:373] Starting backup of BlogsEntry to /opt/liferay/tomcat/temp/temp-db-BlogsEntry-1398197174411
INFO [Table:409] Finished backup of BlogsEntry to /opt/liferay/tomcat/temp/temp-db-BlogsEntry-1398197174411 in 908 ms
INFO [UpgradeProcess:110] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary
ERROR [RepositoryImpl:496] Failed to initialize workspace 'default'
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening IndexReader: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening IndexReader: Please pass termInfosIndexDivisor up-front when opening IndexReader
thumbnail

6.0.2 goes past where 6.0.1 hangs, however, 6.0.2 has it's own issues with the Document Library upgrade. How do I supply DLFE-1.pdf? Since this upgrade has issues I can't resolve, I'm moving on to 6.0.3

ERROR [MainServlet:198] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf
thumbnail

6.0.3 has exactly the same issue with DLFE-1.pdf. It seems that the upgrade cannot complete without it. I do not have it nor have I been able to find out where I can get it, so I am moving on to 6.0.4.
thumbnail

FYI - 6.0.4 has the same issue with Derby. I have inadvertently discovered this since I forgot to symlink the Derby jar files into the /tomcat/lib directory inside Liferay.

And now that 6.0.4 gets past Derby, it barfs on DLFE-1.pdf.

ERROR [MainServlet:196] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf
thumbnail

6.0.5 still barfs looking for DLFE-1.pdf.

[MainServlet:202] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf
thumbnail

6.0.6 is giving me slightly different errors but at least it has died just yet. It is still complaining about DLFE-1 but now it's complaining about some other documents being missing all the way to DLFE-7402.pdf. You can reference the error messages below for more info. However, we have made it past the DocumentLibrary and we've upgrade the Wiki. However, 6.0.6 dies with this message:

INFO [VerifyMySQL:36] Updating table View Five to use engine InnoDB
ERROR [MainServlet:202] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Five engine InnoDB' at line 1

DOCUMENT ERROR MESSAGES:
[UpgradeProcess:108] Upgrading com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_0.UpgradeDocumentLibrary
22:41:31,918 ERROR [UpgradeDocumentLibrary:137]
com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-1.pdf

ERROR [UpgradeDocumentLibrary:137]
com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-101.pdf

com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-201.xls

com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-202.xls

com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-203.xlsx

com.liferay.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: DLFE-204.xls
at com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook.updateFile(
thumbnail

Well, I'm back for another round of UPGRADE FROM HADES. 6.0.6 made it through until it starts trying to change tables from MyISAM to InnoDB.

ERROR [MainServlet:202] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Five engine InnoDB' at line 1
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Five engine InnoDB' at line 1
thumbnail

I found this thread which says to replace the .../tomcat/lib/ext/mysql.jar with one from the MySQL website, so that's up next. I've also found this thread which says to replace to document verification for the document library with some 3rd party code, which they are providing. We'll also see how that works out. Reload the database and off we go again..... w h e e e
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Lisa,

Hate to bust your bubble but whomever told you to step through the minor releases doing updates was plain wrong. 6.0.0 through 6.0.5 had bugs in them, so you really should skip the earlier releases.

Try to start over w/ your 5.2.3, then go straight to 6.0.6. Then, when you're ready, go to 6.1 but download from lcepatchers.org (it's 6.1 w/ all latest patches applied). Finally, if you're also going to go to 6.2, use 6.2 GA2.

That should help eliminate some of your pain points.
thumbnail

I am now getting this error message:

WARN [BaseDB:376] Duplicate column name 'minSymbols': alter table PasswordPolicy add minSymbols INTEGER;
It's not hard to add a "IF NOT EXISTS" statement to your SQL.
thumbnail

Well, we're getting closer to success. The database upgraded this and all seemed well until I tried to browse it, which is kinda the purpose of a website.

ERROR [VirtualHostFilter:136] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._getDefaultCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:281)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:188)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances.getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:66)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:147)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:196)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:196)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:126)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocal.ThreadLocalFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalFilter.java:35)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:861)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:579)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1584)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 105 Fecha de incorporación: 6/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Lisa,

We should talk, because I have also spent hundreds of hours on this same upgrade process and perhaps between us we have enough workarounds to write the new guide for those upgrading who used their early Liferay portals and want to retain their data...

What you might to be facing here is virtual host info did not update properly...? are you working on a different server to run the upgrades? If so, don't forget to update the virtual host for the company with the server you are using. I have found it easier to be in a whole separate server that is available for testing and use the virtual host of that server - something like update company set virtualHost = 'upgrade.server.com' where companyId = '10202'; This happens again at the 6.2 level and the update is a bit more complex because virtualhost info gets moved to a new table... select * from virtualhost where hostname='old.domain.com'; then update virtualhost set hostname='new.domain.com' where layoutSetId=[get from earlier query];

Are you on a single application server or did you grow to clustered application servers at some point? We did move from single >> clustered at one point and a routine was run against our document library to convert to .JCR for storage. I noticed that most of the document errors we experienced were related to documents older than that document storage methodology change. It has mostly to do with document versions above 1.0 (with other conditions changing the outcomes)... I decided to archive / delete many of the oldest communities that had many documents in them and are no longer in use... this may not be an option for you...

I have tried running the permission algorithm upgrade both prior to and post the 6.0.6 upgrade.... something to consider attempting

I definitely agree with David that 6.0.6 is the first step.
Next, I do the permission algorithm upgrade to algo 6
Then 6.1 GA3 - At this stage (after image gallery / Doc Lib methods are updated) I also convert from JCR >> DBStore which cuts the db size in less than 1/2
Then, 6.2 latest version.

I end up with around 50 document exceptions, which are graciously listed in the 6.1 GA3 logs during the JCR > DBStore conversion.

I also hit images issue where we had allowed some larger images to be uploaded, but needed a property in place to allow those to upgrade without exception.

Anyway, if you would like to discuss this in greater depth (as painful as it is to reiterate to others), please contact me. I still feel like there are things we could do to improve our upgrade process to be more reliable and enable us to move forward... datyger on gmail.com