Foros de discusión

Liferay-sync fails to sync with windows 7

thumbnail
Rag Peddabudi, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay-sync fails to sync with windows 7

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 2/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I have installed the Liferay-sync on Windows 7 OS desktop and configured it with the Liferay portal application.

The issue is Liferay-sync is unable to sync files to local system. It's just downloading the empty folders, giving error to download the files to local sync folder.

When I checked the logs, for each of the file while downloading(syncing) to local folder , the following error is appearing for all the files.

09 May 2014 12:07:41,291 ERROR [GetFileContentBaseEvent:133] Error Code 403 C:/Users/raghavendra/Documents/liferay-sync 15/CHICAGO/xyz.pdf

Attached the log file to understand this behaviour.

Also tested, by creating a folder(RAGHU) inside the Portal, uploaded a file(training-ali-quote.jpg) to that folder(RAGHU), is giving the below error.

If we observe closely the below Request url, is getting appended with double slashes("//RAGHU/training-ali-quote.jpg") as shown in log.

09 May 2014 12:11:33,128 DEBUG [GetSyncDLObjectUpdateBaseEvent:130] Processing training-ali-quote.jpg (file)
09 May 2014 12:11:33,151 TRACE [BaseEvent:93] Request URL http://192.168.2.226:8080/myportalcontext/api/secure/webdav/westconn/document_library//RAGHU/training-ali-quote.jpg
09 May 2014 12:11:33,427 ERROR [GetFileContentBaseEvent:133] Error Code 403 C:/Users/raghavendra/Documents/liferay-sync 15/RAGHU/training-ali-quote.jpg

Attached the log file to understand this behaviour.

Note: There is no issue with uploading files from local sync folder to Portal.

For better understanding of the setup, Liferay portal is running on :
Liferay Version : liferay-portal-6.1.30-ee-ga3

I'm using application specific portal-context, NOT the default portal context "ROOT".

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rag Peddabudi

The image attached here is taken from the system tray.

[br]
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Liferay-sync fails to sync with windows 7 (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Rag,

403 indicates a permissions issue. Are you able to test syncing to a site that has Guest permissions?

The double slashes shouldn't matter. Can you try entering the URL in your web browser and see if you can successfully download?

http://192.168.2.226:8080/myportalcontext/api/secure/webdav/westconn/document_library/RAGHU/training-ali-quote.jpg
thumbnail
Rag Peddabudi, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Liferay-sync fails to sync with windows 7 (Respuesta)

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 2/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Dennis,

Thank You for your inputs. That was really helpful.

I have changed the below configuration in portal-ext.properties file.

As shown below, Earlier, I was only allowing the below IP Address.
# Previous Configuration
webdav.servlet.hosts.allowed = 127.0.0.1

Now removed it, as shown below.
# Current Configuration
webdav.servlet.hosts.allowed =

and

Will work with JDK 7 and above

with the above changes, it started working now. I'm succesfully able to sync files.

Thanks,
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Liferay-sync fails to sync with windows 7

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Great to hear you got it working!