Foros de discusión

Custom Landing Page Hook Configuration

thumbnail
Clay Banks, modificado hace 9 años.

Custom Landing Page Hook Configuration

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 11/12/13 Mensajes recientes
I've downloaded the Custom Landing Page Hook 6.2 EE version from the Liferay Marketplace and have deployed it to my server

I'm very confused as to how to configure it; the developer's English was a bit hard to understand in the documentation

I have several different sites that I'd like to redirect users to if they are a member of those sites. I'm just trying to understand how to set these sites and URLs individually in the hook's portal.properties. I also noticed there are some configurations to be made in Control Panel -> Custom Fields

Hook Documentation:

Anybody a wiz with this hook yet?
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Custom Landing Page Hook Configuration (Respuesta)

Liferay Master Mensajes: 654 Fecha de incorporación: 6/01/09 Mensajes recientes
I'm very confused as to how to configure it; the developer's English was a bit hard to understand in the documentation

Thanks for the nice words emoticon !! So far many people have used it successfully with the same documentation and this is first time I'm getting such comment. You might get confused as that documentation is more developer friendly and more of technical side.

You can also refer the description section from Marketplace app page.

Anyways regarding your concern,
In order to redirect user to site he/she is member of, you just need to set below property value in Hook's portal.properties and deploy the updated war.
For Site public page,
custom.landing.page.type=sitePublicPage
For Site private page,
custom.landing.page.type=sitePrivatePage

Note : As single user can be member of more than 1 site, hook will pick the first site from the list of sites(may not be in specific order) provided by Liferay API and redirect user to either site's public/private home page based on the "custom.landing.page.type" property value provided in Hook's portal.properties.

Custom field is only required if you want to redirect user to a specific page other than site's home page.

Let me know if you still need more detailed steps on how to use it.

- Tejas
thumbnail
Clay Banks, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Custom Landing Page Hook Configuration

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 11/12/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Tejas,

It's just my reading skills that are off haha. I now have the hook working fine, thanks a lot for making it.

Clay
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Custom Landing Page Hook Configuration

Liferay Master Mensajes: 654 Fecha de incorporación: 6/01/09 Mensajes recientes
I now have the hook working fine, thanks a lot for making it.

Now this time, really feeling glad to hear this emoticon !!

If you have any issues/concern, feel free to reach out either via LR forum or you can directly mail me on admin{at}opensourceforlife.com.
And if time permits, I'll also think on making documentation little more easy emoticon !!

- Tejas