Foros de discusión

Sporadic problem of liferay theme not working in unix server

Vignesh Suryah, modificado hace 9 años.

Sporadic problem of liferay theme not working in unix server

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Usually the liferay theme we designed for the portal works in the windows server and unix server. Occasionally the theme fails to load in unix server. We tried restarting the theme or the server, but nothing is fruitful. The same theme build always works when installed in windows based servers.

Anyone have any clue on why this is happening in unix server alone.

Note: after the theme is installed in unix machines, we get the error like '0 themes available', which means like the theme is not loaded. Sometime, after 10 minutes of installation the theme would start working.
gordon daniels, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Sporadic problem of liferay theme not working in unix server

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
How are you deploying theme on unix box? Have you taken the server down and restarted?

Yes, when the theme is sporadically not working, we have even tried restarting the server and verified. The issue of theme not loading will exist even after that.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
First you should verify that the browser is not caching the old theme.

Next there were issues due to the use of sass awhile back but I believe they were to have been addressed. If a restart doesn't help, you might try purging the temp and work folders, but be aware that this may fix your theme problem but you'll end up having to recompile the jsp pages...

we have tried clearing browser cache many time and tried, even then the theme is not loaded.
We have to try with the second approach mentioned.
FYI. some times the theme will be loaded with the header, footer and menus whereas the styles are not applied in the issue.
PFA for the screenshot mentioning the folder structure.
1. the appserver path of the unix server we are using. is it enough if we clear "temp" and "wstemp" folders
2. the root folder structure of our unix server.
can you specify on which folders needs to be cleared. earlier we have tried clearing the tmp folders.

Archivos adjuntos:

gordon daniels, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Vignesh: I have had this happen several times. Once I realized I forgot to uncomment a line in my mysql.conf file. Another time was because my proxy was not configured correctly.

I did have a situation where I could not figure out what was causing this, so I copied the theme directory over to the prod server in webapps. Then restarted server and it worked. Sometimes deploying war file for me doesn't work. I know how frustrating this is, and I wish you the best of luck.