Foros de discusión

Company Logo and Banner (5.2.3)

thumbnail
anthony tang, modificado hace 14 años.

Company Logo and Banner (5.2.3)

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 14/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

It seems that the Liferay Portal 5.2.3 allows us to modify the company log on the banner through the Web console easily.
Control Panel -> Portal -> Settings -> Display Settings -> Logo

However, as other images on the banner are not HTML/CSS color code (but image), I think only web designer can change the color (the default are very dark). Isn't it?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Felix Joseph Christy, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Company Logo and Banner (5.2.3)

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 26/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Yes its true, one can create theme variant (or color scheme) which has different version of those colors (dark, light or in any other color) and then we can select from that option.

Cheers,
Felix
thumbnail
anthony tang, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 14/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Does "color scheme" mean only the background color, border color, etc (all are HTML code)? But the banner is composed of lots of images, which require modification from web designer using professional graphic tool. Programmer or administrator may not easily change them.
thumbnail
Felix Joseph Christy, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 111 Fecha de incorporación: 26/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Yest thats true!, programmer cannot easily modify those image colors. Color schemes can include different css classes and images as per the scheme.

Please refer the classic theme of liferay. Its is there in /webapps/ROOT/html/themes/classic/_diffs. The
color_schemes
folder in images and in css classes shows the variant of the theme.

Cheers,
Felix
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
anthony tang:
Does "color scheme" mean only the background color, border color, etc (all are HTML code)?

AFAIK color schemes allow you to change anything you can address in CSS. Basically you declare what color schemes you are offering in your theme and address this within some specific css files. If you are using the color schemes "blue" and "green" you basically are able to use the following css:

body { 
   background-color: white; 
}
.blue body {
   background-color: green; 
}
.green body {
   background-color: blue; 
}

Of course this applies to any images available in css. You might be able to refer to the color scheme in velocity templates, but I'm not sure about this. Javascript should - due to jQuery's mode of operating the DOM - be no problem either.

See the documentation in the Wiki or elsewhere in the documentation for more details.

And - refering to your original question: Yes, only a theme designer can do this. There is a hack to circumvent this: "Manage Pages" offers a css section that you can use to override the theme. But you don't want to use this in day to day practice.
Fernando Nigro, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi anthony,
I'm starting with Liferay, and I would know how to reset default logo and banner in Liferay.
I tried to change logo image, but I don't reset old (and original) Liferay logo. When I "delete" mine in "Control Panel -> Portal -> Settings -> Display Settings -> Logo" it does'nt work.
Have some suggestions?
Thanks!

Fernando
karla jett, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 7/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Fernando,
You may try looking at the option of adding a theme for the banner and logo.
Fernando Nigro, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 24/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Thank you karla, but I think about a bug on delete action on Display Setting.
I've resolved my problem saving the default png (company-logo.png) and thus reloading it with update funcion.
Bye
Vilmos Papp, modificado hace 3 meses.

Regular Member Mensajes: 131 Fecha de incorporación: 4/05/09 Mensajes recientes
anthony tang:
Hi All,

It seems that the Liferay Portal 5.2.3 allows us to modify the company log on the banner through the Web console easily.
Control Panel -> Portal -> Settings -> Display Settings -> Logo

However, as other images on the banner are not HTML/CSS color code (but image), I think only web designer can change the color (the default are very dark). Isn't it?

Thanks!

I guess the perfect solution for your problem would be to create a custom theme in Liferay's Plugin-SDK. You could hire a web designer to create the theme for you, but be careful, most of them are stucked to a few css and image folder from CMS systems, and not really familiar with such complex theme building which is expected for a Liferay theme!

Best regards,

George
Emrah Yasasin, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 6/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Where, in Liferay directories, is the link to this Logo image? I couldn't find it. In which file is this company logo defined?

It would be great if anyone can tell me the exactly name of that image, the path where it is defined and where it is used!

Thank you in advance!

Anyone?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
The default image is configured in portal.properties (overridable in portal-ext.properties) and is defined as:
#
# Set the location of the default company logo image that is used for
# missing company logo images. This image must be available in the class
# path.
#
image.default.company.logo=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/company_logo.png

See svn (for 5.2 branch) for more details.

Olaf Kock:
The default image is configured in portal.properties (overridable in portal-ext.properties) and is defined as:
#
# Set the location of the default company logo image that is used for
# missing company logo images. This image must be available in the class
# path.
#

See svn (for 5.2 branch) for more details.

Hi,

i've changed the picture company_logo.png with our logo and building on GlassFish, it works but it doesn't work with Tomcat.....
(Note that I'm building Liferay on a clean Glassfish and Tomcat and on Liferay with GlassFish, it's ok but it is not with Liferay with Tomcat)

What must I change in order to get the new logo in Liferay with Tomcat as well?

Thank you!
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 993 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Emrah,

you may try following options (for any application servers, like Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss, Resin, Geronimo, Jetty, JonAS, etc.).

Customize Default Images
By the way, there are a set of default images you may want to override. Of course, you would be able to customize the portal in many ways without involving any Java code.
image.default.spacer=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/spacer.gif
image.default.organization.logo=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/organization_logo.png
image.default.user.female.portrait=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/user_female_portrait.png
image.default.user.male.portrait=com/liferay/portal/dependencies/user_male_portrait.png

As shown in above code, the property image.default.spacer sets the location of the default spacer image that is used for missing images; the property image.default.company.logo sets the location of the default company logo image that is used for missing company logo images; the property image.default.organization.logo sets the location of the default organization logo image that is used for missing organization logo images; while both image.default.user.female.portrait and image.default.user.male.portrait set the locations of the default user portrait images that are used for missing user portrait images. Note that these images must be available in the class path.

How to customize default images? There are two options to override default images.

1) Create a class path ${class.path} equal to /com/liferay/portal/dependencies under the folder $PORTAL_ROOT_HOME/WEB_INF/classes first; and then put customized images as same image file name in the class path ${class.path};

2) Override properties with a class path ${class.path} plus customized image file names in portal-ext.properties first; and then create the class path ${class.path} under the folder $PORTAL_ROOT_HOME/WEB_INF/classes and put customized images in it.

For example, supposed that you have your own company logo named "PalmTree_logo.png", you’re going to override default company logo with your company logo.

For the first option, you create a class path ${class.path} equal to /com/liferay/portal/dependencies under the folder $PORTAL_ROOT_HOME/WEB_INF/classes; copy “PalmTree_logo.png” to ${class.path}, and rename “PalmTree_logo.png” to “company_logo.png”.

For the second option, supposed that the class path ${class.path} is equal to com/liferay/portal/dependencies/, you could add the following line at the end of portal-ext.properties; create the class path ${class.path} under the folder $PORTAL_ROOT_HOME/WEB_INF/classes and copy “PalmTree_logo.png” to ${class.path}.
image.default.company.logo=com/ext/dependencies/PalmTree_logo.png

In the same pattern, you would be able to customize other default images as well.

Abstracted from the book (1st draft): Liferay Portal 5.3 Enterprise Intranets

Please let me know whether it helps or not.

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets

Hi Jonas,

thank you for your suggestions, I was finally able to change Liferay´s default logo. emoticon

Now I'd like to go a step further and I want to set the classpath to $PORTAL_ROOT_HOME/WEB_INF/classes and build a directory structure, where my own logo is located, automatically while Liferay is deployed into a clean Tomcat 6.x-Server from the SVN. What modifications in the SVN-Repository must I do in order to do this steps automatically?

Thank you in advance!

Liferay Master Mensajes: 993 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Emrah,

You are welcome. The above solution is for non-Java developers - no Java code in the book: Liferay Portal 5.3 Enterprise Intranets.

I guess you talk about customization and development. If yes, following book (for Java Developers) would be helpful.

Hope that it helps,

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
thumbnail
Rob Chan, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 82 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Does this solution still apply for 6.0? I've tried changing the company_logo.png file and the default logo is still the Liferay image with the Square, "Liferay" text, and "Enterprise. Open Source. For Life." text.
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modificado hace 12 años.

Hi Rob,

It should be. You may try it.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
==================
Liferay User Interface Development
Liferay Portal 6 Enterprise Intranets
thumbnail
Rob Chan, modificado hace 12 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 82 Fecha de incorporación: 23/03/11 Mensajes recientes
I just checked my tomcat directory and the aforementioned company_logo.png is not the default logo (With the Liferay Slogan), but an the Liferay logo without the slogan instead. I replaced the file mentioned in the directory above with my own logo and nothing seems to change in my Liferay instance.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 12 años.

You should be able to change the logo either in "ControlPanel/Portlet/Settings/Display Settings", in a community/organization (for both: Just upload your image) or in your theme (don't use the one coming in through the velocity macro but hardcode it.