Foros de discusión

Build services fail

thumbnail
ramveer singh narwariya, modificado hace 9 años.

Build services fail

Junior Member Mensajes: 64 Fecha de incorporación: 13/04/12 Mensajes recientes
I am getting below popup issue while running the build Service :

"An internal error occurred during: "Build services".
java.lang.NullPointerException "

please any one help me ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Build services fail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Why do people think they can just say "NullPointerException" and somehow the world will know the full stack trace and therefore where the exception occurred?
thumbnail

can you tell me a solution for this ?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
What David wanted to say is: By you telling us that you have an error message, we can't guess what the underlying cause is. We just need more information. The stacktrace associated with the NullpointerException. Your service definition.

With the details that you give, an appropriate answer is: "You have a problem somewhere"
thumbnail

Can you tell me how to get stacktrace ?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
If it's not obvious? No.

You're building services - i.e. you're dealing with Liferay on code level. If there's no obvious stacktrace in ant's output or in your log, I would expect any other information that could help us to solve your problem. No offense, but if you don't know how to get a stacktrace, or how to provide information about what you did, you're not supposed to deal with code on this level. Pass this on to your development team.

We might be able to help you fix the NullpointerException, but we're not able to teach you to write proper code if this fails on such a high level.
thumbnail

Hi Olaf Kock ,

I am just create new project and create one service builder for my project .now I click the build services icon in service.xml file (overview mode ).but it give
"An internal error occurred during: "Build services".
java.lang.NullPointerException"
with popup window . up to this level , I am not change any code.
I am attaching error Screen shot.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

Do you build with ant? You can also manually run the ant build-services task and check if that generates more output. Also, check eclipse's console, if it contains some logs already.
thumbnail

Hi ,
I am using Ant build tool. I was try to run ant build-service command using terminal .
Please find below screen shot for more details

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail

Looking at the code, this error message is weird (whom do I tell this?)

Log4JUtil is in util-java.jar, which is well available. However, obviously something is wrong in your class loading or lookup. Can you please post what you have in your project's WEB-INF/lib as well as if there are any declared dependencies in WEB-INF/liferay-plugin-package.properties?
thumbnail

Hi

Currently project's WEB-INF/lib folder is empty. and tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF/liferay-plugin-package.properties is as below :

"<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE plugin-package PUBLIC "-//Liferay//DTD Plugin Package 6.1.0//EN" "http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-plugin-package_6_1_0.dtd">
<plugin-package>
<name>Liferay Core Plugins</name>
<module-id>liferay/core-plugins/6.1.0/war</module-id>
<types>
<type>layout-template</type>
<type>portlet</type>
<type>theme</type>
</types>
<short-description>
Portlets, themes, and layout templates included with Liferay Portal.
</short-description>
<change-log>
Adapted to the latest version of Liferay.
</change-log>
<page-url>http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/downloads</page-url>
<author>Liferay, Inc.</author>
<licenses>
<license osi-approved="true">LGPL</license>
</licenses>
<liferay-versions>
<liferay-version>6.1.0</liferay-version>
</liferay-versions>
</plugin-package>
"
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Your properties file has xml in it? You messed something up along the way.
thumbnail

Hi,

I am getting below stack Trace :

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.LiferayPluginsSDKProject.getSDK(LiferayPluginsSDKProject.java:171)
at com.liferay.ide.project.core.LiferayPluginsSDKProject.adapt(LiferayPluginsSDKProject.java:63)
at com.liferay.ide.service.core.job.BuildServiceJob.getProjectBuilder(BuildServiceJob.java:68)
at com.liferay.ide.service.core.job.BuildServiceJob.runBuild(BuildServiceJob.java:119)
at com.liferay.ide.service.core.job.BuildServiceJob$1.run(BuildServiceJob.java:101)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2295)
at com.liferay.ide.service.core.job.BuildServiceJob.run(BuildServiceJob.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
thumbnail

that has nothing to do with building services from the ant task. in fact it looks more like your eclipse is not set up correctly.
thumbnail

If you post the same problem in two different locations or threads, it'd be nice to cross-reference the other post or just to continue it with more information. If you don't do this and someone finds that you're having two discussion threads open, guess what that does to the motivation to help you.
thumbnail
saleem khan, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi..
Even i had got the same error don't no what was the reason but the error was solved by changing compiler compliance level to 1.7 and make sure your using jdk7, in jdk8 its not working.and if the complier compliance level is 1.7 then change it to other value and press ok and again change it to 1.7
thumbnail

Hi Saleem,

I have tried what you suggest me but still it is not working , it give same error . please suggest me some other solution.
thumbnail
saleem khan, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 71 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi ramveer
U can try setting up the new workspace and try