Foros de discusión

What can Guest user do ?

Marco Bolzan, modificado hace 14 años.

What can Guest user do ?

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 3/09/09 Mensajes recientes
In a default bundle installation of Social Office 1.5b can a guest user visit some areas?

Thanks
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: What can Guest user do ?

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 28/08/07 Mensajes recientes
The only page an unauthenticated user has is the login page emoticon

ok, but what's the meaning of these entry that are not visible in the blog of a community?
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 28/08/07 Mensajes recientes
Hey Marco,

Sorry for the confusion. That's our bad.

We didn't remove a lot of the control panel planes before we bundled the beta and a lot of the times they just won't make any sense from a usability perspective but are pretty helpful when it comes to debugging certain problems.

The release candidate should have these pieces removed.

Hi, thanks I thought that reason about usabilty.

I have a question, sound like a suggest, this closed configuration of Social Office (dont exist public page) is an intent to build a application only for an intranet or for what?
because for experience a tool well-made like SO should have a sort of public part, often some informations for example when a team use a community of project are used to be public, to inform guest user about works, processes running...

I understand that for an intent to have public page we could use directly Portal version, but portal has to much features that in a small intranet application are too much, so I think could be an important thing to keep public pages in Social Office, it's only my opinion.

What do you think about that?

Marco
thumbnail

Marco Bolzan:
Hi, thanks I thought that reason about usabilty.

I have a question, sound like a suggest, this closed configuration of Social Office (dont exist public page) is an intent to build a application only for an intranet or for what?
because for experience a tool well-made like SO should have a sort of public part, often some informations for example when a team use a community of project are used to be public, to inform guest user about works, processes running...

I understand that for an intent to have public page we could use directly Portal version, but portal has to much features that in a small intranet application are too much, so I think could be an important thing to keep public pages in Social Office, it's only my opinion.

What do you think about that?

Marco

Thanks for your feedback! This is something that I'd definitely like to add into Social Office and customization of sites and user pages have already begun.

To go further would it be appropriate to add in a preference or admin page for the site owner to configure which pages are visible to the public? Perhaps even control what pages are available in your site?

I would love some ideas and feedback on how to possibly implement these type of controls.