Foros de discusión

Eclipse doesn't generate parent theme files in Liferay maven project

Zdeněk Věcek, modificado hace 9 años.

Eclipse doesn't generate parent theme files in Liferay maven project

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 13/07/14 Mensajes recientes
I'm trying to create new theme plugin in Liferay 6.2.1 in Eclipse with maven. I have last version of everything - Portal with tomcat, plugin sdk, liferay IDE in eclipse and new external maven. When I followed the official tutorial it creates project with almost empty WEB-INF - no _diffs folder, css, images and others. What do I do wrong? When I deploy this theme, It creates these folders in target but why don't I have them in docroot after theme creation?

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Eclipse doesn't generate parent theme files in Liferay maven project

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You must create your diffs folder in the source and populate with your overrides.

At build time Liferay pulls in the parent theme files first (to start with a clean copy of parent theme) and then overlay the diffs in. This gives you the final directory structure for the new theme, which Liferay will then build into your distributable artifact.

Same thing happens on the ant side of the house, but because ant doesn't have a separate source and target directory it all happens in place.
Zdeněk Věcek, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Eclipse doesn't generate parent theme files in Liferay maven project

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 13/07/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi, thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested. Unfortunately, it ignored _diffs folder. Only way how it works was create all folders like css, images, js right inside src/main/webapp/.. not in src/main/webapp/_diffs. I don't know what do I do differently from official tutorial but it works now.