Foros de discusión

does liferay support sharing files between users

qiu zuhui, modificado hace 9 años.

does liferay support sharing files between users

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 11/08/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi,all
I'm trying to evaluate the liferay, but we have a requirement about sharing files between users, does liferay support it ?
I just know liferay in a few days , does it support document files(like pdf, doc) management . and share it to other users (assign it to ) ?
thanks.
thumbnail
Ankit Srivastava, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: does liferay support sharing files between users

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Qiu,

Liferay provides a good Content management system which caters to Images/Documents and Content.

Liferay includes a unified document repository that houses documents, video, audio, images, and other media types from one place. It can be leveraged across an enterprise, within a specific group, or for a single individual as a web repository

You can refer this document to get more information:

https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/document-management-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-05-en

Ankit
qiu zuhui, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 11/08/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi ankit.
does it support share between users?
As a user story : user1 upload a file ,and assign only user2 and user3 can see it ( via permission setting or something others )
thanks.
(document has too large information for me )
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
out of the box, Liferay permission handling works on roles, not on individual users - if you're scaling up to millions of users, permission checks (and the permissions UI) wouldn't scale with this.

That being said, you can easily implement your own frontend to the document library - utilize the existing backend storage and implement some additional UI on top of it.