Foros de discusión

Unwanted "-portlet" suffix when deploying with Eclipse IDE

Bernd Hofmann, modificado hace 9 años.

Unwanted "-portlet" suffix when deploying with Eclipse IDE

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 20/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hallo,
I recently switched to the newest Eclipse Liferay IDE based on Eclipse Luna (mainly to have 64bit support).

I'm suffering from the feature that the Liferay Plugin adds an unwanted suffix "-portlet" to the deployment artifacts, when it publish them to the server. With the previous version of the Liferay IDE I used, this did not happen.
The project is not a Maven project and the web context does not have the suffix "-portlet".

Is there a chance to get the previous behaviour back, that the portlet projects are deployed "as is" ?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd Hofmann
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Unwanted "-portlet" suffix when deploying with Eclipse IDE

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Sometimes hot deploy only works when the plugin extension type is included. We had problems, for example, under tcat when deploying plugins that did not include "-portlet" at the end. YMMV, but the current recommendation is to leave them in place.
Bernd Hofmann, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 20/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the quick answer emoticon

I'll definitly keep your recommendation in mind when I'm going to set up a new portlet project.
Is there any kind of work-around to get my current projects deployed without the suffix?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Not sure. I never build in eclipse since my build server uses maven, I too use maven to get the same sort of result. For that, I control name using the finalName tag. That may actually work for eclipse also, but I haven't tried it myself.