Foros de discusión

Liferay Social Office - Not working with Organizations

thumbnail
JL Gonzalez, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Social Office - Not working with Organizations

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 29/05/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi.

I have noticed that the Liferay Social Office 2.0 (for Liferay 6.2) does not work properly with the organization sites.

For example: the Private Message Portlet has an autocomplete field to select the destiny of the message. It will autocomplete with a list of users. It's preconfigured with 'all' (that means that it will autocomplete from a list of all the users with Social Office Role) but it can be changed for "sites" (that means that it will autocomplete from alist of all the users with wich you have at least a site in common). Well, that 'sites only works for Sites, not Organization Sites. If two users belong to the same organization , the autocomplete won't complete each other names.

Something similar happens with the chat portlet. It can show all the friends connected, or all the users with at least a site in comon with you. Well, two users in the same organization won't appear as 'online' for each other. It only works if they are in a same Site, not a same Organization Site.

So it seems that if you are going to use Social Office , the structure of your portal should be done using Sites instead of Organizations, am I correct? Is this explained somewhere? Are the organizations going to dissapear in future portal versions?

I know that since 6.2 Sites are hierachieable so Organizations and Sites are more similar than ever but they are still now the same. Has someone any experience on this? Has some noticed this behaviour for the organizations on the Social Office?