Foros de discusión

javascript

gordon daniels, modificado hace 9 años.

javascript

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Since Yahoo has dropped YUI for node.js, can we use node.js to develop websites? I am new to developing so this might be a stupid question but thought I would ask anyway. I've been playing with node.js today and like what I see. Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: javascript

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
We've always been able to use alternative javascript frameworks, but as soon as you do you loose the Liferay tags. As long as you're willing to invest in doing all of the coding in node.js to make your portlet work, you should be fine (there's no real magic in AUI in how it does things, it's just got the most portal tie-ins at this point).

Liferay has decided to fall back to jQuery in Liferay 7, so node.js won't be on the radar.

Remember that what's good for Yahoo is not necessarily good for Liferay. They have two completely different goals in mind. For awhile they were somewhat aligned on using YUI (AUI), but now they're going their own directions...
gordon daniels, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: javascript

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi David: thanks for the reply. I hadn't heard they were going the jquery route. You cleared up my questions.

thanks again