Foros de discusión

Postgress and Liferay

thumbnail
Vishal Srivastava, modificado hace 9 años.

Postgress and Liferay

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 7/07/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi Everyone,

I am using postgress DB. While creating new user if user enters his/her email using Uppercase.
User gets succsessfuly created. But when he tries too login in Liferay User gets error Authentication Failed.
I think postgress is case sensative DB so this might be issue.

Can anyone tell me how to handle postgress in liferay.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Postgress and Liferay

Liferay Master Mensajes: 549 Fecha de incorporación: 25/06/11 Mensajes recientes
Hello Vishal,
Emails are always stored lower-case (database is irrelevant). They are processed when a new user is created in UserLocalServiceImpl.

If your user has registered succesfully (and activated their account) but still cannot log in using lower-case email adress, then something else must have gone wrong.

Regards,
KG
thumbnail
Liferay S, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Postgress and Liferay

Junior Member Mensajes: 53 Fecha de incorporación: 12/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Vishal.

As Krzysztof mentioned it does not seems to be a DB issue and eMails are always saved in lower case. I would like to see the authentication failure logs as they may be reporting what is actually going wrong.

I hope you must be knowing these points but then too I want to remind some of the points :

1) Screen Name, E-Mail id First Name and password are the mandatory fields. If any one of them would be missing, authentication will fail.
2) Screen Name field does not accept the special characters and spaces. If the user's screen name has either the blank space or special character, authentication will fail.

Additionally, I would ask you to share the log files which records the errors at the time of authentication failure.

Thanks.