Foros de discusión

webdav URLs Work, Regular URL Does Not

Brandon Vander Ploeg, modificado hace 9 años.

webdav URLs Work, Regular URL Does Not

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 9/10/14 Mensajes recientes
We have been fighting a issue where when we upload documents the webdav links work but the regular url to the document return 404.

The files are going into the default location in liferay-home/data/document-library, however portal-ext.properties shows that the dl.hook.file.system.root.dir is located on X:/Jackrabbit/xxxxx.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: webdav URLs Work, Regular URL Does Not

Liferay Master Mensajes: 529 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/10 Mensajes recientes
What is the "regular" URL? Which version of Liferay do you use?

We are using liferay 6.1. By regular URL I mean the one you can see in the document and media portlet, where you have the option for URL or webdav. The URL string looks like this.

https://<host>/documents/<groupID>/<folderID>/filename/UUID

I have verified the structure in the database and that the files exist with the proper permissions. It just appears that portal-ext.properties does not reflect where the documents are stored on the local file system. The PM is configured for local file system.

As preaviously stated the webdav link will work but not the url link to the document.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Mensajes: 529 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/10 Mensajes recientes
It seems pretty strange, what kind of error do you receive? I mean on UI and/or in the log when you try to access the regular URL?

In the access-log i see a 404 error. Liferay.log does not print a error. While using IE i also get a 404.
thumbnail

Ok, it seems that could be related to this issue: LPS-24743 Can you verify what is your exact portal version and see whether it's affected by this bug or not?

We are on 6.1.30 EE.

I can confirm that the URLs for the items in document library do in fact contain "+" in the spaces.

Replacing the + with %20 in the urls that contain spaces still returns the 404. I even tried a document that did not contain a space with the same result. The webdav link works for both.
thumbnail

I've tested it, and it works fine with an OOB EE 6.1.30 without any fix packs or hotfixes. If you have hotfixes/patches installed, you should test it without them, to see whether one can cause a regression or not. If you have customisations (hooks, ext, etc) then you should verify whether they can affect this behaviour.

If you still have the issue, you can open a LESA ticket if you still have a valid subscription, so the support team could handle this problem.

Regards,
Vilmos

Thanks for your help. That is my next step.