Foros de discusión

Migration of web applications to Liferay portal

Marius Sirbu, modificado hace 9 años.

Migration of web applications to Liferay portal

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 6/01/14 Mensajes recientes
Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right place for the question I am about to ask (if that is not the case I do apologise).
I am new to the Liferay portal and we are planing to introduce it in our company.
Currently we have more than 20 web applications, each of them with the classical three tier architecture (web - implemented with JSP, Servlets; business logic- implemented with Spring or EJBs, and persistency - Hibernate or JDBC).
The web content of these applications is part of the JSP pages, hence every time we need to change the content, we need to redeploy the application containing the updated JSP page(s).
As we have finally realized this is really akward we are planning to separate the web content from the application logic itself and use Liferay to manage the web content.
And here is my question: is there a certain approach/pattern that Liferay recommends in order to integrate these applications in the portal?

Thank you,
Marius
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Migration of web applications to Liferay portal

Liferay Master Mensajes: 529 Fecha de incorporación: 21/10/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Marcus,

Please see our whitepaper about possible integration levels/methods: Liferay Application Integration Strategies

Regards,
Vilmos