Foros de discusión

Tomcat Instance get irresponsive any time

thumbnail
Kashif Ayyaz Haider, modificado hace 9 años.

Tomcat Instance get irresponsive any time

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/13 Mensajes recientes
Using LR 6.1 CE, Tomcat my application was working fine since 1 year. 1 Month ago it got irresponsive without updating any log.

My Application landing page has some CMS (news and other public pages) and a login portlet. When Tomcat gets irresponsive, the CMS area keeps on working, user can visit all those but if one tries to login and enter into my custom portlets server will not guide him to my landing pages after login, browser marque keeps on circulating no redirection to landing page after login (and for debugging I tried to enter URL of logged in pages), I get

"javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: Cant instantiate class:MyClass"
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.portlet.controller.facility.MyClass (Line Number 6.1123)
where Line Number 123 tries to get some variable from session.

Finally when I restart server, it gets fine for some or couple of days.

a) any thing wrong happening with Session? if yes
b) I cant get evidence that its because of some memory settings malfunction?
c) problem in my custom portlets?

Any idea to dig this problem will be much appreciated. please guide how to diagnose and mitigate this problem as my client is on edge now.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Kashif Ayyaz Haider, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Tomcat Instance get irresponsive any time

Junior Member Mensajes: 35 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/13 Mensajes recientes
any clue awaited ????
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: Tomcat Instance get irresponsive any time

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
As you mention "javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: Cant instantiate class:MyClass" in the logs, my best bet is that a custom portlet causes these issues. What they are: I don't know. You hopefully know best what you've changed over this year - and what change has introduced this behavior.

Liferay works with JSF, but doesn't use it internally - that's why it's really easy to point to custom portlet code.

You'll have to figure out if you're running out of memory or what happens. One way to do this is to connect jconsole and read the memory and other information (JMX) from your running server. It's hard to point you to potential problem sources - you'll have to hunt them down yourself, sorry.