Foros de discusión

From developing to exploitation

thumbnail
Javier Solana, modificado hace 9 años.

From developing to exploitation

Junior Member Mensajes: 59 Fecha de incorporación: 26/06/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi all, maybe this is a silly question, but I couldn't find an answer...

We have been developing a Liferay application over Tomcat, and now that it is tested and working, we want to put it in a real exploitation server.

How can I do this?

If I copy/paste the tomcat folder and backup the MySQL database will work?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, modificado hace 9 años.

R: From developing to exploitation

Liferay Master Mensajes: 690 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Hi javier,
It will work if you are copying into same paths and folders,same user properties and settings.backup for MySQL will be fine.don't forget copying resource ,repository folders.

Sent from my iPhone with Liferay.com Forums
thumbnail
Meera Prince, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: From developing to exploitation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1111 Fecha de incorporación: 8/02/11 Mensajes recientes
HI
Just tomcat server and data base is not enough we need to also consider the data folder which is along with tomacat server means in liferay home direcotry.

you may try like this

take back up existed database and import into productin database.

create new portal server for real production server ,copy all files from existed data folder and place in new server data folder and deploy all portlet/hook/theme war files means place all war files in server auto deploy directory.

Regards,
Meera Prince
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: From developing to exploitation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
It sounds like you're not yet taking backups. IMHO it makes sense to start this as early as possible. If you ask me, you're only allowed to name something a "Backup" if you've demonstrated that you can create a new server from this data. Testing this will quickly lead you to missing items. You'll also want to read the chapter on backup in the User's guide. Granted, it's a bit short, but it gives important pointers.