Foros de discusión

Mail-portlet password update

alexandre fouchet, modificado hace 9 años.

Mail-portlet password update

New Member Mensajes: 13 Fecha de incorporación: 9/12/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi !
I am using the mail-portlet community edition for liferay 6.1.2. My users are stored in LDAP.
Once my users connect for the first time to the mail portlet, they get a prompt asking for their password, which is inserted into Mail_account SQL table (so that the mail portlet doesn't ask for it on future connections). So far so good. But I am now facing the following problem :

When one user changes his password, I try to clean the fields "password_" and set to 0 "savePassword" (with SQL query) for that user so that the page "store_password.jsp" gets called (prompt asking the user for his password). I was thinking that this way, the user would type his new password and it would be saved into the same record as before.
But that's not what happens, when my user reconnects after having changed his password, the record of his old password is restored somehow. I'm guessing it's some sort of Liferay cache that does this. Since the password field is not empty and savePassword value has gone back to "1", the prompt asking for his password never comes and the portlet tries to connect to the mail account with a BAD PASSWORD.

My question is, how could I disable this behaviour (the cache storing the old DB value) or how could I force the mail portlet to recheck the DB after a particular event ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.