Foros de discusión

How change the email body of event

thumbnail
Esteban Gomez, modificado hace 9 años.

How change the email body of event

Junior Member Mensajes: 34 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi liferay people, someone know how change the email body of event when I create a new event.

attached a picture as example:

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, modificado hace 9 años.

RE: How change the email body of event

Liferay Master Mensajes: 722 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Calendar portlet comes as plugin portlet separate from liferay source, you may create plugin portlet project of calendar project .
Then you can change mail template filein portlet and deploy the portlet again.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Pankaj Kathiriya:
Calendar portlet comes as plugin portlet separate from liferay source, you may create plugin portlet project of calendar project. Then you can change mail template filein portlet and deploy the portlet again.

DON'T DO THIS!

It leaves you responsible for maintaining the calendar portlet code for every release.

Instead follow the concepts from https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/development/-/ai/creating-plugins-to-extend-plugins-liferay-portal-6-2-dev-guide-03-en.
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, modificado hace 9 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 722 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks David. Glad to know this. I had done what I mentioned long back in Liferay 6.0 .
Yes, the approach you mentioned is most reliable and valid.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
It's also a lot easier to handle upgrades, you just use the new version in your project and Liferay will build you a new version.

It works for all plugins, those that you have source for as well as those you don't.
thumbnail
Esteban Gomez, modificado hace 9 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 34 Fecha de incorporación: 14/10/14 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for answe David, can you talk more about it? I know how create hooks, can I do with it? and can I do the email body whit it? thanks very much.
thumbnail

Basically it works like a theme plugin.

In the theme plugin, you specify a parent theme and you have a _diffs folder with your changes. When you do a build, Liferay copies in the files from the parent theme, overwrites with your changes from _diffs, then builds a war file that contains your theme.

When you do the "plugin extending plugin" concept, you have a parent plugin (the calendar portlet) and one or more overriding files for the original. When you do a build, Liferay will extract the files from the parent plugin, overwrite with your changes, then builds a war file that contains your plugin.

So that doco page will go into further detail, but basically it will help you to set up the project, point to the plugin you want to override files in, where to put those files and how to complete the build.

All you are left to maintain is your override files. When a new version of Calendar comes out, for example, you just change the parent project to the new version, redo the build and your plugin is upgraded and ready to go.