Foros de discusión

Activities portlet problem (My web sites tab is empty!!)

Marcos Laurito, modificado hace 9 años.

Activities portlet problem (My web sites tab is empty!!)

Junior Member Mensajes: 99 Fecha de incorporación: 18/04/13 Mensajes recientes
I'm using Liferay 6.1 CE GA2 with Social Office 2.
I've recently discover this problem. I create an OrgA which have a SiteA (only private pages) belonging to it. I add users to be OrgA members and then they can access SiteA. The problem is that this users want to use Activities portlet on their private sites to keep track of everything that will happen on the sites that they are members of. So i've configured the Activities portlet for them on their Sociall Office Desktop but the portlet shows empty, no updates will show. The only way that this works for me is adding these users to the SiteA as well as adding them to the OrgA.
I don't understand this... Isn't supposed that when you add a user to OrgA he is as well added to SiteA wich is the site that belong to the OrgA????

Is a big problem for my as a liferay admin to have to add the users to every org and then add them to every site as well.. This is double work...

Someone can help me??
thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: Activities portlet problem (My web sites tab is empty!!)

Regular Member Mensajes: 174 Fecha de incorporación: 5/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Marcos,

Organisations and Sites are complet different entities so it is not that when you are a member of an organisation you are a member of a site.
The most simple solution to your problem would be to assign membership to your site by selecting this organisation in this case.

This way everybody who is a member of the organisation is also a member of the site.

Best
Maarten