Foros de discusión

"Project name is invalid" when creating a new Plug-in Project

thumbnail
Marco Dussin, modificado hace 13 años.

"Project name is invalid" when creating a new Plug-in Project

Junior Member Mensajes: 45 Fecha de incorporación: 6/07/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm not able to create a new plug-in project in eclipse helios using your last nightly build: "Project name is invalid".

Thank you en advance

Marco

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: "Project name is invalid" when creating a new Plug-in Project

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Try just typing in "test" for the project name. When you click "Finish" the "-portlet" will be automatically added to it.
thumbnail

Same error whatever I write...
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Perhaps there is some issue that is affecting linux only since I'm on Windows and don't see this problem. I'll try to replicate the problem on my side and let you know.
thumbnail

Same issue on Mac
thumbnail

I have replicated this issue locally and should have a fix soon and it will be available in tomorrow's nightly updatesite.
thumbnail

Just committed a small change to how validation is done for new project wizard. You should be able to create new projects with tomorrow's build. Thanks so much for reporting this issue!
thumbnail

Thank you now it works.

Have a good week

Marco
thumbnail

Glad you are up and running and thanks again for reporting the issue as it was blocking all Helios users!
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
How do we get more up to date releases of the IDE (and for that matter 6.0x)?

I don't see anything on sourceforge, can it be updated directly from within Eclipse?
I don't see any check for updates but that may be my limited experience as well!

Thanks

Also is there any "roadmap" for bringing in themes and layouts to the IDE?
thumbnail

Hi Dave,

If you installed from the update-site then you can find out about new updates by just doing "help > Check for updates".

For each release we will always upload a new updatesite zip file to sourceforge but that isn't the best way to get the update, using the Help > Check for updates... is the best.

With regards to the roadmap I will try to get a Liferay IDE 1.1 plan added to the site.
thumbnail
Gregory Gendron, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 4/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Gregory Amerson:
Just committed a small change to how validation is done for new project wizard. You should be able to create new projects with tomorrow's build. Thanks so much for reporting this issue!

My firm uses the '.' character in Eclipse project names. As of v.1.2.3 of LiferayIDE the '.' character seems disallowed. Can this be changed? (We are an EE customer, but we are not using LRDS because we have not applied LR6 SP1 as yet. Thanks, Greg Gendron
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Can you open a ticket in JIRA for this? I can see if the validation can be relaxed.
thumbnail

Gregory Amerson:
Can you open a ticket in JIRA for this? I can see if the validation can be relaxed.

Sorry for delay in responding. I create the issue: IDE-364. I have since updated to 1.3.0.201106031822. I am not able to create a project named 'com.ray.Test'
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 12 años.

Hi Gregory,

I've resolved IDE-364. Thanks for the report.
thumbnail

I am writing this from home where I use Linux. ( with regard to my remark: Sorry for delay in responding. I create the issue: IDE-364. I have since updated to 1.3.0.201106031822. I am not able to create a project named 'com.ray.Test' ).