Foros de discusión

SAML Portlet as SP and IdP for instance portal

thumbnail
Antonio Musarra, modificado hace 8 años.

SAML Portlet as SP and IdP for instance portal

Junior Member Mensajes: 66 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Mika.
Some time ago I successfully used your portlet configured as SAML IdP to a Service Provider (SugarCRM).
Now I need to configure SAML portlets but a level instance of portal. This is because of an instance portal to serve as the IdP and SP from the other. What I want to achieve is indicated in the attached diagram.

The documentation of the (SAML Portlet) is clear that the configuration you would like to accomplish is not provided.

Do you think it is possible with minimal effort to modify the code of portlets to meet the configuration I have shown in the diagram?

Thanks a lot.
Antonio.
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: SAML Portlet as SP and IdP for instance portal (Respuesta)

Expert Mensajes: 375 Fecha de incorporación: 21/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Antonio,

I'm not Mika emoticon. I think what you need (usage of Liferay both as SP and IdP) it's a useful Feature Request.
At the moment I can suggest you to configure Liferay as IdP and implement a custom SAMLAutoLogin hook to allow WS2O authenticated users access to SP portlet with SAML SSO (I've done a similar thing with OpenSAML and SAML 2.0 - Web Browser SSO IdP Initiated).

If you open a feature request idea let me know, you already have my vote ! emoticon

Bye,
Denis.
thumbnail
Laura Li, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: SAML Portlet as SP and IdP for instance portal

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Antonio,

From the attached diagram, I see you have two Liferay instances. The documentation you linked clearly says "A single Liferay instance can serve as an identity provider or as a service provider, but not both."

As you have two separate instances and each has a SAML portlet, you can configure one instance in Control Panel > Configuration > SAML Admin as IDP. In another instance, configure it as SP.

Laura
thumbnail
Antonio Musarra, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: SAML Portlet as SP and IdP for instance portal

Junior Member Mensajes: 66 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Laura,
With version 2.1 of the portlets I am able to configure both Liferay as IdP as both SP using one installation of Liferay creating two instances.

B ye,
Antonio.