Foros de discusión

Where have the *.native files gone?

thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modificado hace 13 años.

Where have the *.native files gone?

Regular Member Mensajes: 128 Fecha de incorporación: 28/03/08 Mensajes recientes
I just checked out the latest trunk version of the translations.
As far as I can tell, all the *.native files have been removed from subversion.
I was wondering why has been this happened.
Do you plan to use pottle or any other translation tool?

Unfortunately http://svn.liferay.com is down for a while now, so it is not that easy what has happen.

Please give me more information!

Cheers
Tobias
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Where have the *.native files gone?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
See here: LPS-11939

According to Michael's comment everything should be there and *.properties is now UTF-8 encoded
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 128 Fecha de incorporación: 28/03/08 Mensajes recientes
It would have been nice to be informed, that there are some changes in the translation process!

emoticon
thumbnail
Michael Young, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 846 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Sorry about that. We'll continue to be more mindful of these things in the future emoticon.

However, I think this change is probably better for the long term. Thanks for pointing this out to us.
thumbnail

You're welcome.

But please communicate with us. Especially when you relate on the community in terms that are borne by the community, eg. translations.

Cheers
Tobias
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
If it's not mentioned in the developer's guide, there also should also be a point that all source code (e.g. *.js) should also be in UTF8 without BOM.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
It seems not all portlets support UTF8 properties file.
I just translated Language_ja.properties for the mail-portlet, and had to native2ascii the file.

Is there going to be a standard portlet guideline for this topic so we all can have properties file in the same encoding for all the portlets?
thumbnail
Jonathon Omahen, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 31 Fecha de incorporación: 28/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Ozawaさん,

Are you absolutely sure that the .properties file was UTF8 encoded before and after you edited the translations? There is always a possibility that your input method was not inputting UTF8, but SJIS, UTF16, EUC, etc.
Other than that, as long as the properties file is in pure UTF8, it should fit into the latest build without any problems whatever.

I'm definitely going to be experimenting with this over the next few days.
thumbnail

Well, there weren't any Japanese properties file for the mail-portlet so I just copied the single default English Language.properties which is in ASCII and translated the messages.

The Language_ja.properties for the Liferay itself, now is in UTF-8, but I was just wondering if the portlet properties files are too.
thumbnail

Ah, the portlet language files may not be converted to UTF-8 yet, your right. When that is encountered, I would think we would just want to convert it to UTF-8 for commits.

Thanks for looking out emoticon
thumbnail

Seems Social Networking portlet has a similar problem with the portlet.xml file.
The dialog messages seems to have been merged with the Liferay's properties file so that's not a concerned now, but the encoding of the portlet.xml is currently giving me some problems.

I think this is xml parser's problem because I was having a similar problem in Drools with the xml files.
thumbnail

If all portlet.xml are re-encoded in UTF-8, it shjould work right? emoticon
thumbnail

It "should" work but sadly it doesn't.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

I just commented in the ticket: LPS-12693

Thanks a lot
thumbnail

Have you read my post in the RE:Translations work system?
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4584826
thumbnail

Seems the mail-portlet properties are still in ASCII or Shift-JIS when in Japanese.

I had to also translate the portlet.xml file and had to change the xml encoding="UTF8" to encoding="Shift_JIS". I tried native2ascii with UTF8 but that didn't work.

Attached the screen shot of the working files.

Archivos adjuntos: