Foros de discusión

Importing data into the Calendar portlet from different applications

thumbnail
Cynthia Kimball, modificado hace 13 años.

Importing data into the Calendar portlet from different applications

Junior Member Mensajes: 45 Fecha de incorporación: 26/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello!

Just did a complete demo for the entire staff yesterday of Liferay for our new Intranet. Overwhelmingly, there was strong support for it, but I did have one question I need to research and hopefully I can get some input here.

Different staff use different Calendar applications. Some use Meeting Maker, some use Outlook, some use programs I have never heard ofemoticon

Anyway . . . So: I found that I can Import data for the Calendar to display, but

1. Can I get the calendar to "gather data" from other sources? I know Google Calendar has an API, but I would like the calendar to pull data from up to 5 different sources, rather than just from the database or just from an API.

2. I have read that I can get the Calendar to pull data from different organizations/communities, but I can't quite figure out how. Any URL's I can go view?

Hey, if I cross my fingers and hope hard enough, maybe both questions come with the same answer! LOL

TIA!

Thia emoticon
Rémy Auricoste, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Importing data into the Calendar portlet from different applications

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 7/12/10 Mensajes recientes
I am looking the same kind of function. I would like to pull the data from a Zimbra calendar.

So far, I know that we can import .ics file that represent a calendar, but only manually on the basic Calendar portlet. I would like to make a customized Calendar portlet that import data from an .ics calendar automatically.

Does someone know anything about customizing Calendar without changing the Liferay source code ? I wish I can find a solution by creating a new portlet.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
thumbnail
Srikanth Reddy Sanivarapu, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 203 Fecha de incorporación: 15/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Any luck on this questions?

Anyone has any suggestions on this? I want to import events from different applications to Liferay calendar portlet automatically (periodically and not manually)?

Any suggestions on how to go about this is greatly thankful. Thanks.

Regards,
Srik
thumbnail
Srikanth Reddy Sanivarapu, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 203 Fecha de incorporación: 15/11/08 Mensajes recientes
Any update on this?
thumbnail
Mathieu Hicauber, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi

Ever had an answer on this topic ?

Thank you.

Mathieu.