Foros de discusión

Still using Sourceforge? Realy??

thumbnail
Jason Robinson, modificado hace 8 años.

Still using Sourceforge? Realy??

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 21/01/08 Mensajes recientes
Questions about the Download options....

With all the crap that sourceforge has pulled with modifying binaries, why on earth are you still trusting them for your download mirroring? And why isn't there an option to download Liferay with-out a bundled Tomcat. Most developer already have their container setup just fine and just need to drop in the war/ear or bundle them in with their program's ear.

At least I see the src package is in the maven repository. What about the binary release?
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: Still using Sourceforge? Realy??

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Jason Robinson:
Questions about the Download options....

With all the crap that sourceforge has pulled with modifying binaries, why on earth are you still trusting them for your download mirroring? And why isn't there an option to download Liferay with-out a bundled Tomcat. Most developer already have their container setup just fine and just need to drop in the war/ear or bundle them in with their program's ear.

At least I see the src package is in the maven repository. What about the binary release?

Hey Jason - believe me, we noticed the SourceForge actions - but do you know of a alternative that would work that has worldwide mirroring, 100k+ downloads *per week* of several hundred MB files, for free? I couldn't find any.

And Liferay does produce an unbundled Liferay for every single release that contains no Tomcat - look for the ".war" file. For example, here's the .war file for the latest CE release (sorry, it's a sourceforge link emoticon ).
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 8 años.

RE: Still using Sourceforge? Realy??

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
One thing I forgot to add... when using the unbundled version, there are some library dependencies that must be satisfied by placing a few libraries in the app server's classpath.. see "INSTALLING LIFERAY ON AN EXISTING APPLICATION SERVER" docs for details.