Foros de discusión

Journal Search Portlet in header section Problem [Solved!]

Vishal Bhanderi, modificado hace 13 años.

Journal Search Portlet in header section Problem [Solved!]

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 14/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys,

I've managed to get the "Journal Search portlet" to display above the navigation using a custom theme and the following line to the portal_normal.vm:

$theme.runtime("77")

The problem is that the search results end up showing on the header section as well as the body section.

How can I change it so it only displays once!

The second picture shows that guest users do not have access to the search results!

Any ideas?

Running Liferay: 6.0

Thanks

EDIT [Solved]

Followed some steps from this thread. http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4565232.

Producing this code:

#set ($see_search_portlet_url = $portletURLFactory.create($request, "77", $page.getPlid(), "RENDER_PHASE"))
			$see_search_portlet_url.setWindowState("maximized") 
			$see_search_portlet_url.setPortletMode("view") 
			$see_search_portlet_url.setParameter("struts_action", "/journal_content_search/search")
			##$see_search_portlet_url.setParameter("keywords", keywords);
			<form method="post" name="_77_fm" id="_77_fm" action="$see_search_portlet_url">
				<input value="Search..." name="_77_keywords" type="text">
				<input value="Search" name="_77_search" type="submit">
			</form>
thumbnail
lutz Bremen, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Journal Search Portlet in header section Problem [Solved!]

Expert Mensajes: 291 Fecha de incorporación: 20/10/11 Mensajes recientes
i got the same problem with the search-portlet. so do i have to add the code u used? i would edit it with portlet id 3 for the search portlet and then where should i put it in? in which file?
thumbnail
Ramesh Reddy, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 32 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Lutz,
I am also facing the same problem, if you have any solutions please let me know..emoticon
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys,

you can include the search portlet in your custom theme by using $theme.search(). If the search results are displayed directly under the search portlet my guess would be that you've messed up the html code or your custom layout template is missing some liferay keywords (e.g. css classes). If done properly the search results are displayed only in the content section of the page. For reference take a look at e.g. University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten or University of Applied Sciences Biberach.

Greets Oli
thumbnail

RE: Journal Search Portlet in header section Problem

Oliver Bayer:
Hi guys,

you can include the search portlet in your custom theme by using $theme.search(). If the search results are displayed directly under the search portlet my guess would be that you've messed up the html code or your custom layout template is missing some liferay keywords (e.g. css classes). If done properly the search results are displayed only in the content section of the page. For reference take a look at e.g. University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten or University of Applied Sciences Biberach.

Greets Oli

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for the reply, I have tried $theme.search() and it is working fine. But i want to configure JSON settings(Advanced Display Settings) for search portlet, to configure settings there is no settings option. can you help me how to configure JSON settings for this portlet.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ramesh,

take a look at the following wiki on how to set preferences for a portlet which is inclueded in a theme via theme.runtime.

HTH Oli
thumbnail

Oliver Bayer:
Hi Ramesh,

take a look at the following wiki on how to set preferences for a portlet which is inclueded in a theme via theme.runtime.

HTH Oli

Hi Oliver,
I have tried the things which are mentioned in the wiki, Still i am facing the same problem, i am getting search results in the header...

Hi,

I don't think it's related on how you set a special portlet parameter (preferences). Do you have a custom layout-template or one of the ootb templates from Liferay? If yes choose one from Liferay to check if the search results are shown in the content section. Is your site online so we can check the html markup? To narrow it down you can insert other portlets in your theme to see if it's a portlet related bug or a theme/ layout-template bug.

Greets Oli