Foros de discusión

Encoding problem while trying to modify the french translation

I Win, modificado hace 13 años.

Encoding problem while trying to modify the french translation

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello,
I need to improve the french translation in liferay 6.0.5 because it's not really professionnal at the moment.
I followed the Translation tutorial but when i deployed my properties file, all the non-ascii character (é, à...) weren't correctly displayed.

I tried encoding the properties file in UTF8 but it didn't help. I tried to use native2ascii, result are the same (I heard it's useless to use native file in liferay 6). What did i do wrong?
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Encoding problem while trying to modify the french translation

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

you probably have a problem with the encoding of your file, some editors have problems with it. Make sure your file is UTF-8. You should be able to use the UTF-8 characters in your properties file.

If you can't find the issue attach us your file here so that we can test it.

cheers!

Okay nvm, i found the issue. I didnt know you couldnt redeploy the ext plugin. I deleted every file like specified here

Thank you for your attention.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1668 Fecha de incorporación: 15/07/08 Mensajes recientes
No problem, cheers!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
I Win:
Okay nvm, i found the issue. I didnt know you couldnt redeploy the ext plugin. I deleted every file like specified here

just to be sure: You know that updating the translations is easier (and easily redeployable) from within a hook?

No I didn't know thanks!