Foros de discusión

Liferay Portal

thumbnail
Stanley Kurtz Matias de Lima, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Portal

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 8/10/09 Mensajes recientes
Hello!

I work in a Institute of researches in Brasil. I'm Web Developer and currently I am in a project that envolve the build of grid portals. Portals able to provide researchers the power of grid computing in a friendly way.
We (developers) are using Liferay Portal and Java Tecnologies (portlets, JSF,Hibernate, Java COG Kit, among others). We're having success in this project, we already have submited some papers.
But now we have to show the importance of use these tecnologies in grid portals, and we have the following question:

What is the advantage of using Liferay instead of other frameworks (like gridport or gridsphere)?

I have something in mind, because I have answered this questions before, but I would like to know your opinions.

I'll be grateful for the help.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, but don't repair my english.
sawsan kasaab, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Liferay Portal

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 27/10/10 Mensajes recientes
hi everyone
I am sorry there is not a wiki,but it is a question(cause i cannot add my own question in a forum and i don't know why)

I wanna add contact portlet to my liferay portal instance,
I copy and past these folders by the way:
1- contacts-portlet folder in the path ../tomcat/webapps
it contains 4 subfolders : html, images,META_INF, WEB_INF
(i have already install more plugin which is my-places-portlet)
and add the contact portlet by my hand
2- contacts folder in the path ../tomcat/webapps/ROOT/portlet
3- contacts folder in the path ../tomcat/webapps/ROOT/taglib/ui
and this last folder contains a file: page.jsp
but i don't know what i have to do in it so i wrote one line:
<%@ include file="/html/taglib/init.jsp" %>

and when i run liferay,sign as admin, i can see the contacts portlet to add it from: dockbar->Add->more->colaboration->contacts
also from more->community->contacts
the portlet is added but with a message inside it,which say:
"Contacts is temporarily unavailable."

please, any hint may be help me
thanks in advance
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
cause i cannot add my own question in a forum and i don't know why

sawsan, try using a different web browser. I was having problems with Firefox, but I viewed the page with IE, I was able to select the "Post New Thread" button.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
What is the advantage of using Liferay instead of other frameworks (like gridport or gridsphere)?

This probably might not be an advantage in your case, but the main difference is Liferay was developed to be used by end-users who wants a portal to do actual work. It's not an experiental nor a research framework to be studied - it's more down to earth.