Foros de discusión

Encoding problem with Liferay.com's profile page in Japanese

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Encoding problem with Liferay.com's profile page in Japanese

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I want to thank Liferay for providing Japanese pages.

I've found some encoding problem. When I open my profile page, the some text in the Jira section at the left side is not appearing correctly probably from an encoding problem. I've attached a screen shot of the encoding problem section.

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Encoding problem with Liferay.com's profile page in Japanese

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 18/11/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

I'm sorry for late translation of liferay.com.
As you might know, I'm working on that translation.

We can see garbled Japanese at the commit, "add liferay.com\'s files" in my GitHub repository.
I already ran through the file, osb-Language_ja.properties which might cause this issue.
Tonight, I will review it and create JIRA to ask Liferay to use in liferay.com.

Best,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba
thumbnail
Jonathon Omahen, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 31 Fecha de incorporación: 28/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Thanks to both of you for your continued hard work supporting Liferay. We really appreciate it. emoticon

We will definitely encounter problems with Language properties files in multibyte languages, especially when languages such as Japanese (and Chinese, etc) have multiple encoding schemes that can be used.

Since all of our properties files are expected to be encoded in UTF-8, if someone is editing the properties file and their input method is set to output SJIS, for example, the resulting file will be garbled on those keys edited. If, however, the editor is careful to check that the program being used is opening and editing the file as UTF-8, then all should be good.

I'm gonna do some more poking around to see if this is a prevalent issue.

Thanks always for the heads up. emoticon
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hurry! It's been fixed. Since it's been fixed, I would like to get a little more greedy and ask that the translation in the jira portlet also be fixed.

Closed is translated as "閉鎖" but this word is used to mean "close down" and "lock out" rather than as "finished". Better Japanese word is "完了".