Foros de discusión

How to get users associated with a team

Shafia Kiran, modificado hace 13 años.

How to get users associated with a team

New Member Mensajes: 12 Fecha de incorporación: 2/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello ,

i am trying to get users associated with a team. i get team id with the following code

List<Team> lstTeam = TeamLocalServiceUtil.getUserTeams(user.getUserId());

but i cannot get the list of users associated with specific team. please help me out.

regards
Andy Harb, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: How to get users associated with a team

Junior Member Mensajes: 66 Fecha de incorporación: 22/10/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Shafia,

Did you find a solution to this? I need to do the same thing but can't seem to find a method to do this. The TeamUtil class does have a method called getUsers but since it is a persistence utility you can't access it directly from a jsp.

Thanks
Andy
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 735 Fecha de incorporación: 5/07/11 Mensajes recientes
I know it's an old thread, but maybr this is going to help someone. Had the same Problem ;)

List<user> recruiter;
		try {
			Team team = TeamLocalServiceUtil.getTeam(getRecruiterTeamId());
			recruiter = UserLocalServiceUtil.getGroupUsers(team.getGroupId());
		} catch (SystemException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
			return Collections.EMPTY_LIST;
		}
</user>

EDIT:

As it turns out, the Group is tells you in which Group the Team is, so THIS CODE WILL NOT WORK! It will fetch all Users associated with the Group the Team is in.
There is no build in function to retrieve all Users of a team.

Strange that there is no functionality built in to retrieve the User of a team. And also kind of annoying.
emoticon
emoticon

EDIT2:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-30795
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 735 Fecha de incorporación: 5/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Aeeehm.... Don't think so. We need to RETRIEVE the users, not to add Users....

Workaround:
Write a Custom Finder, with a Custom query in your Service Layer you need to get those Users. Not clean, not elegant, but working.
thumbnail
Harish Kumar, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 483 Fecha de incorporación: 31/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Ohhh my mistake
thumbnail
Thomas Berg, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 131 Fecha de incorporación: 7/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Since
UserLocalServiceUtil.getTeamUsers()

is not yet implemented (I'm using Liferay 6.1.1 CE GA2) I had to find another way to get users associated with teams.
Looking at portal/portal-web/docroot/html/portlet/sites_admin/edit_team_assignments_user.jsp, I managed to get a list of users with the following snippet:

LinkedHashMap<string, object> userParams = new LinkedHashMap<string, object>();
userParams.put("usersTeams", teamId);

List<user> teamUsers = UserLocalServiceUtil.search(companyId,
    null, WorkFlowConstants.STATUS_ANY, userParams, 
    QueryUtil.ALL_POS, QueryUtil.ALL_POS, (OrderByComparator) null);</user></string,></string,>

May not be the best way to do it but does not require servicebuilder or custom queries.

The Liferay docs suggest that, for performance reasons, it would be better to use the indexed version of UserLocalServiceUtil.search() but I haven't seen any examples of that version being used. If anyone has info about the indexed version, please share.

Anyway, hopefully someone will have use for this workaround while we wait for UserLocalServiceUtil.getTeamUsers() to be implemented.

Regards
Thomas
Chris Doar, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for that example. I just have a few questions with regards to it. I'm quite new to all this so I apologize if this all a little basic.

I've got a portlet that being deployed to a site within liferay. Within this I have a number of teams and some users assigned to the teams. What I am currently trying to do is get all the users in one of the teams (called co-ordinators). So, I've set up all of this in Liferay which has given me a siteId of 18002 (project) and a teamId of 18312 for the co-ordinators.

So, am I right in presuming that in your example the teamId added to the LinkedHashMap would be 18312 and that the companyId would be 18002 for the siteId?

I've also added some logging information so I can see what the code is doing. logger.info("user params " + userParams) gives user params {usersTeams=18312} and logger.info("User size" + teamUsers.size()); gives user size0. For some reason I dont seem to be returning any users for my team.

Cheers

Chris
thumbnail
Thomas Berg, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 131 Fecha de incorporación: 7/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Chris Doar:
So, am I right in presuming that in your example the teamId added to the LinkedHashMap would be 18312 and that the companyId would be 18002 for the siteId?

Well, not quite. You have to specify the companyId instead of the siteId:

long companyId = themeDisplay.getCompanyId();

The ThemeDisplay-object is available as an implicit object in your jsp if you've defined

&lt;%@ taglib uri="http://liferay.com/tld/theme" prefix="liferay-theme" %&gt;
<liferay-theme:defineobjects />

Another way to get it (for example in java-files) is
ThemeDisplay themeDisplay = (ThemeDisplay) request.getAttribute(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY)

where request is an implementation of javax.portlet.PortletRequest (i.e., RenderRequest, ResourceRequest etc.)

Cheers
Thomas
Chris Doar, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 15/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Ah ok. Cheers for all that. I'll have a go and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
Beppo Ivel, modificado hace 9 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 112 Fecha de incorporación: 9/04/14 Mensajes recientes
Is the way that Thomas Berg mentioned the most feasible way to get the users of a Team? And is it possible to get the team object by the name of the team?