Foros de discusión

How ready is Liferay + Icefaces for a production site?

Anónimo, modificado hace 15 años.

How ready is Liferay + Icefaces for a production site?

Mensaje: 1
Is anyone running Liferay + Icefaces in production site? I love to hear your real life exp. about it as I found that many people are having issues with them like session expired error. Please share your exp. and the version you use.
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: How ready is Liferay + Icefaces for a production site?

Liferay Master Mensajes: 640 Fecha de incorporación: 5/11/07 Mensajes recientes
With your responses, please inlcude version numbers for all the pieces. I'm sure different combinations produce different results...

I've tried it a couple of times and always ran into some road block, and given the time constrains, had to role back... My main issues have been:

1 - the IceFaces popup with 'your session has expired' comes up after some change and I don't have a clue of what happened.
2 - Activity in IceFaces portlet doesn't extend session life in liferay
3 - Unable to access portal objects such as themeDisplay and such, though for this, i believe that a session beanhas been added to liferay to deal with the fact that the Ajax calls don't have access to such objects.

All these were done with older liferay and IceFaces versions (4.3.x and 1.6.x respectively)...

What's the current state of the art?
Anónimo, modificado hace 15 años.

Mensaje: 1
I am having the same "session expired" issue with Liferay 4.4.2 + Icefaces 1.7 stable version. Even in the icefaces forum, this issue is everywhere. However, it's strange that icefaces JIRA records this as fixed. Really hope liferay and icefaces can look at this kind of integration issues.
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 640 Fecha de incorporación: 5/11/07 Mensajes recientes
Is this a case of unwanted session expired popups from IceFaces or a case of actions (ie: button clicks) in your IceFaces portlet not extending the liferay session?

both cases are an issue anyways...
thumbnail
Deryk Sinotte, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/07 Mensajes recientes
I know there are concerns about the issue of "Session Expired" dialogs when developing and running ICEfaces 1.7 portlets in Liferay. There are forum postings (on both the ICEfaces forums as well as Liferay) alluding to this. We are taking it seriously and I want to provide some information about where we are at and what the community can do to help us solve it.

The relevant JIRA case is: http://jira.icefaces.org/browse/ICE-2152. The "Session Expired" problem has popped up a couple of times during the entire 1.7 development cycle. Some of the confusion lies in the fact that there is more than one way that the "Session Expired" message can be triggered. What we are specifically looking at right now is the "Session Expired" message caused by the redeployment of a portlet and the fact that it won't go away. As of the final 1.7 release, we were unable to reproduce the behaviour during our internal testing so we marked the various related issues as fixed, duplicated, etc. Now that the official 1.7 release has gone out the door, we see some developer's still facing this issue.

Until recently, we had still been unable to reproduce it internally. We now have a test case and a process that demonstrates the unwanted behaviour. Normally, during development and testing of portlets in Liferay, we re-deploy the portlets by copying a .war file to the Liferay hot-deploy directory: [user-dir]/liferay/deploy. The test case uses the Liferay Plugin SDK to build and deploy the portlet. Using the Plugin SDK, we are able to reproduce the issue and we are looking to resolve it.

For those of you experiencing the problem, try building and redploying your portlets without using the Plugin SDK. If you are not using the Plugin SDK or the issue is not occurring because of a portlet redployment, then please provide your specific environment (versions of ICEfaces, Liferay, and app server, OS, etc.) and the exact steps required to cause the behaviour to help us investigate it.

Deryk Sinotte
Senior Developer
ICEsoft Technologies, Inc.
thumbnail
Deryk Sinotte, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 18 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/07 Mensajes recientes
We've added a potential fix for the "Session Expired" popup problem when portlet archives are re-deployed. The JIRA for this issue is:

http://jira.icefaces.org/browse/ICE-2152

The potential fix is in the public source code repository on the 1.7 branch. Information on accessing the public Subversion repository is here:

http://www.icefaces.org/main/community/svninfo.iface

The 1.7 branch is located under:

icefaces/branches/icefaces-1.7/icefaces/

Once you've checked out that directory, you can run "ant" and it should build and copy all the core libraries into the lib directory (e.g. icefaces.jar). Try using these libraries with your application and let us know if it solves the problem in your environment.

Please note that we have only been able to recreate this issue under fairly specific circumstances. If this change doesn't fix the problem in your environment, then we'll need more information about how your particular application is designed and deployed. A small, self-contained test case with specific steps on how to reproduce the problem is one of the best ways to help us out. Since it's open source, if you find the problem yourself, consider making a code contribution.

Deryk Sinotte
Senior Developer
ICEsoft Technologies, Inc.