Foros de discusión

Calendar-related papercuts

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 13 años.

Calendar-related papercuts

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
All,

The Calendar feature of Liferay is undergoing a major overhaul for the next release (6.1). Since Calendar is highly visible and one of the first things people try out, there are several potential papercuts in the current implementation. However, because of the overhaul, Liferay engineering is concentrating on the new implementation, and most if not all of the existing issues in the current implementation will be fixed or no longer relevant. Therefore, engineering has asked us to avoid working on calendar-related issues as part of the 100 PaperCuts program, since it is a waste of time, given the next CE release (6.1) will have the new calendar implementation.

Therefore, I am removing all calendar-related papercuts issues from the backlog and you should avoid working on the calendar as part of this program.
thumbnail
Boubker TAGNAOUTI, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Calendar-related papercuts

Regular Member Mensajes: 140 Fecha de incorporación: 29/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi James,

We are very pleased to see such evolution for the calendar portlet.
I took a look at the new GRP Calendar functionalities... it looks very nice!
Good luck at Eduardo for this job.
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1191 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey james,

Do you know if the old calendar will still be supported in liferay 6.1 ? I imagine that there must be a lot of plugins depending on it (coincidentally mine :-) but for the social office developers this would also imply lots of rework)
thumbnail
Baptiste Grenier, modificado hace 13 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 100 Fecha de incorporación: 30/06/09 Mensajes recientes
Ouch, I read this thread too lately... (LPS-13210)
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Baptiste Grenier:

I'm not so sure - this particular bug is with one of the AlloyUI widgets, not necessarily related directly to the new calendar work. I'll find out if this will be in conflict with the new calendar work.
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Baptiste Grenier:

I'm not so sure - this particular bug is with one of the AlloyUI widgets, not necessarily related directly to the new calendar work. I'll find out if this will be in conflict with the new calendar work.

Checked with engineering.. this bug is not directly related to the calendar overhaul so you can work on it for this sprint! BTW I am going to add you to the 100PC landing page emoticon
thumbnail

James Falkner:
James Falkner:
Baptiste Grenier:

Checked with engineering.. this bug is not directly related to the calendar overhaul so you can work on it for this sprint! BTW I am going to add you to the 100PC landing page emoticon

BTW Baptiste, you need to update your profile picture!
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 100 Fecha de incorporación: 30/06/09 Mensajes recientes
James Falkner:

Done James...
thumbnail

Baptiste Grenier:
James Falkner:

Done James...

BTW gravatar/pavatar support could be interesting for such things.
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Baptiste Grenier:

Perfect! emoticon
thumbnail
Eduardo Lundgren, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 18/06/08 Mensajes recientes
Hey guys,

Related to LPS-13210 it's an issue with Alloy. Actually this already support localization, although due to some YUI changes on the intl API we have to fix on Alloy side as well.

I will assign that ticket to me and get this fixed for .NEXT.

Thank you, and glad to see people are excited with the new calendar emoticon
thumbnail

Hi Eduardo,
I was just looking for checkouting the alloy project as a starter ;)

So, James, I think I will need a new bug emoticon

Cheers,
Baptiste
thumbnail

Baptiste Grenier:
Hi Eduardo,
I was just looking for checkouting the alloy project as a starter ;)

So, James, I think I will need a new bug emoticon

Cheers,
Baptiste

Take your pick from this list of already-identified papercuts, or better yet, depending on your expertise areas, pick any of the open bugs that are in the "Open" state and not assigned to a particular Liferay sprint. Here's a list of many open bugs!
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Take your pick from this list of already-identified papercuts, or better yet, depending on your expertise areas, pick any of the open bugs that are in the "Open" state and not assigned to a particular Liferay sprint. Here's a list of many open bugs!

I can try this one: LPS-14905.
Cheers,
Baptiste