Foros de discusión

How to use versioning for plugins

René Jurmann, modificado hace 13 años.

How to use versioning for plugins

Junior Member Mensajes: 27 Fecha de incorporación: 15/11/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

We are developing certain portlets for a customer. Now we are currently in testing phase.
But before updating the test system with a new version of our portlets we collect several bugfixes in one version.

In order to track those version and to know which version is currently installed on the test system we need some logic.

Is there any standard way in LifeRay 6 to add a custom versioning to own plugin developments?
Those custom versions should then be visible somehow within the administration.

E.g. when I log in with an administrator and navigate to "Control Panel - Update Manager" I can see my own plugins. But the version displayed here is the version of the PDK they are built with (I guess). Can this version be changed somehow?

regards
René Jurmann
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: How to use versioning for plugins

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
In liferay-plugin-package.properties take a look at the module-incremental-version property.

If you update the module-incremental-version that will be reflected in the war file name and in the installed version info you see in the Update Manager.

- Deb

Hi Deb,

updating the liferay-plugin-package.properties file does not help. The version entered here is not added to the war file name automatically.

But when I add the version manually to the file name I can see it within the Update Manager.

Thanks so far.

Now I just need to know how to automatically add the version to the WAR file name (we build the WAR file using Eclipse IDE)

regards
René
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 81 Fecha de incorporación: 22/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Did you try rebuilding using the SDK ant script? If that works and the Eclipse IDE doesn't, you might want to ask over on the Liferay IDE forum to see if it might be a bug.

Hi Deb,

yes, rebuilding with the ANT script works for portlets and themes, thanks.
The ant script will then add the corresponding version to the file name (e.g. MyPortlet-portlet-1.0.0.war)

This version is then also visible within the Control Panel -> Update Manager.

BUT, for hooks this does not work! My hook still has version 6.0.11 within the Update Manager although the file name has version MyHook-hook-1.0.0.war.

How to change the version for a hook?

regards
René